February 20, 2009

It's Carnaval!

Gigantes da Lira, by Andréa Lion!
Rio de Janeiro, yesterday!

Gigantes da Lira, by Andréa Lion!
Rio de Janeiro, yesterday!


It’s Carnaval!

I love Carnaval! I really do! I decided today that I will not be away from Carnaval anymore. I just love to go to the streets and dance for about 12 hours without stopping. Suddenly you meet a friend you don't see for ages and a huge smile and a tight warm hug say everything and seal anything!
Late at night, you need a strong bean soap to restore your energies! So you grab a friend, order your soup, sprinkle some fresh parsley over it and life sounds beautifully good under the equatorial line! Oh my goodness, nothing is better than the simplicity of life!

Oh Carnaval!! It’s like a summer affair! That kind of affair that has a date to end, so you don’t put too much effort on it, you just relax and enjoy it as much as you enjoy the sunny days. Summer affairs have a perfect timing, just like Carnaval. When things are extremely good is time to pack and go home to face reality, leaving that taste of “I want some more” on your heart. And you know what? It sounds great because you know summer will come again, Carnaval will come again and new summer romances will be waiting for you just 2 blocks away.

Tomorrow, officially, starts Carnaval in Brasil and I'm so out of it! Oh God, I love absolutely everything about it. I said officially because in many cities it started already and millions of people are on streets warming up to celebrate this festival of pure enchantment and magic!

So to get into the Carnaval happiness here in Taoyuan, I took a speaker with my IPod to the bathroom and I danced and I sang very loud the Carnaval songs I love. I prepared the bathtub with very very hot water to simulate Brazilian summer days, and lots of foam to try to get into the fun mood I know is all over my beautiful country. Oh it was good!! I almost forgot I’m in the other side of the world!

Yes, I’m in the other side of the world but I know summer will come again and Carnaval will come again and I’ll be there! Yes…it feels good!


3 comments:

N said...

Hi, you're still in Brazil? I thought you were back in Taiwan. Carnaval sounds great...always wanted to see this kind of party. Have fun!

Mami said...

Oh I love Carnaval in Colombia we have several not as big as Brazil of course...but they are so contagious.

Living Away said...

hey bluefish...
i'm back in taiwan, that's why i needed to simulate everything in my bathroom!
i was telling my niece about my "carnaval in a tub" and she asked me if i'd painted my face!
so, i answered her saying....not yet! lol

hi mistika!
welcome to my blog!
you know doesn't matter how big, how small carnaval is because in fact we need to have carnaval inside us to know how to enjoy this especial time of the year!
i'd love to know more about colombia's carnaval!
thanks for stopping by!