May 31, 2007

Solothurn

Last Saturday I went to Solothurn, capital of Solothurn canton, northwestern Switzerland. It is touted as the most beautiful Baroque city of the country and I must agree since this country is a beautiful country for sure but its baroque’s architecture is very poor!

This charming medieval town grew around the remains of the Roman fort, which was founded in the 8 century It lies along the Aare River, as almost every single city here, what is a great attractive!

It was a very sunny bright day and along the river, there are many cool bars and I stopped at one of them f or a glass of prosecco. By the way, the first one I stopped, got a table and sat looking at the river was closing and it was 6 PM of a very beautiful and warming Saturday! They even closed the gate of the river’s sidewalk!
In the other side of the bridge one bar remained open and I could delight myself with my cold prosecco!

It was a very pleasure day!!



The Zeitglockenturm, the Clock tower

I love ducks and those were splendid!!

Aare River

Opened bars...when I got there they all were closing!

A pleasant warming day

Charming narrow streets

Old Baroque Downtown

Going to Solothurn

I made a turn just to picture this lovely bike

2 comments:

JC said...

Nice artistic pictures!

The place appears very neat and clean, and not crowded, unlike hill-stations in India.

Analog Girl said...

Simplesmente linda... Parece tirada de um conto de fadas.

Acho tão curioso e interessante, quase toda a gente que conheço gostar de tirar fotos às bicicletas onde quer que se vá... Deve ser o objecto mais característico de espontaneidade dos locais que visitamos...
:)
beijo grande