
I’m so very much against tobacco of any kind!!
I was raised in a smoke free environment since absolutely nobody in my family smokes and I don’t get use to it and I never will! I have suffered a lot after moving to Europe for the reason that I couldn’t go to cafes as I was used to, living in Brasil and in the USA! Now, tank God, Switzerland and some another countries decided to open fire to this issue, making me very happy.
Incredibly, my biggest problem is not the smokers themselves, but the non-smokers! Why? Because they just don’t care about being passive smokers what is as bad as being a compulsive smoker. And just to make my life easier here, I’m very allergic to it!
Usually smokers don’t smoke their own smoke! I would like so much to see a smoker direction their cigarettes to under their noses, making their own smoke goes directly to their own noses and only to their noses, not to mine or anybody else!!
I really can’t stand smoke! If I do, it’s because I’m under strong allergy medicine to help me out with my breathing!
Well, I must confess that there are very few people, specially man, that get very charming smoking...something philosophical! I can't believe I'm saying that...
Yes I said it, but it doesn't imply that I'm pro smoke/smokers whatsoever!
I never lighted a cigarette in my life, I never had any curiosity bout it even in my teens when my friends invited me to school bathroom to learn how to smoke. I never went.
I remember a friend of my family who every night went to our house to watch soap opera because ewe had color TV, it was in the 70s of course! My father never allowed her to light her cigarette in our living room and every single night she brought her Hollywood pack and her matches and every single night she fought with my father! It was kind of funny, because she really had hopes that one day he would give up!!
Ah, my mom got influenced for a short time by the glamour of Hollywood movies, where great actress used long cigarettes as part of their sex appeal. It was the best-kept secret of my family until the day she got caught by my grandfather, her father-in-law! I remember the expression of a very scared child in her face who just made a huge trick!! It was very funny and until now we use the words my grandfather told her that day when we caught one of us in trouble situation: “Luci, Luci, I saw it!!! I saw it!!”
Anyway…Brasil has no-smoke areas in about 100% of the restaurants and non-smokers are very good complainers because we don’t allow anyone to smoke in forbidden areas. In fact, since the 70s we have very good publicity campaigns against tobacco what my lungs are really very thankful to it!
So, today is a day to celebrate because it is World No Tobacco!!
Tobacco is the second major cause of death in the world, can you believe it??
It is well known that half the people, who smoke regularly today, around 650 million, will eventually be killed by tobacco and they keep doing it over and over again as if they didn’t care about themselves or about the people around them who become passive smokers as well.
Millions and millions of dollars are spent on campaigns and on public hospitals to treat smokers who didn’t care about themselves all life long! And those people who didn’t smoke usually are the ones who take care of those stubborners, suffering as much as their sick beloved ones who don’t have legs anymore or have cancer or any other of the many terrible diseases related to tobacco!!
I think that could exist a city called Smokeland where all the smokers must go when they started getting sick because of their innocent, de-stressful habit!!
There, at Smokeland, they would take care of themselves and they would live happily ever after…if they could make it!











2 comments:
Leandra,
You might like to read my comments on the subject in the link on India Temple.
well, people quitting smoking in general and shesha personally is something not anywhere close to the top of my resolutions list!
I know im addicted! anyways good post very informative! :)
Post a Comment