Uberlândia has became a very important town in my life. I moved to that city all by myself when I was 17 years old to get a better education since it has one of the best federal universities of the country and also because it is very near my hometown, Tupaciguara, just 72 km apart.
I can say that, there I was introduced to life and life was introduced to me.
I shared a house with 5 people and it was near my new school, where I took the last year of high school and I prepared to get into the university what I did soon. I had a wonderful routine, going to school in the mornings and afternoons from Monday to Saturday and then going back home to study until around midnight except on Saturdays. This was my free time and it was taken until the last drop. So, I went to theater, cinema, parties, bars all by myself coming back home just when I felt like so.
I increased my sense of responsibility there because I knew there wasn’t anybody to take care of me, to worry about me, beside myself! It was decisive to the formation of my personality and character.
I made wonderful lifetime friendship this time and every time I got to Brasil I have the pleasure to meet some of them. Everybody is living a busy life but we always get together.
Uberlândia is a medium size town, around 600.000 inhabitants, being the third largest city in the beautiful state of Minas Gerais! I love being from Minas Gerais, being a mineirinha!
Well, I have a very deep, strong and controversial relationship with that city. There I had the opportunity of learning what made me what I’m today. I’m talking about the whole Leandra, the bad and the good me.
This city is intrinsically related to what/whom I like, love, dislike, want, need, admire, respect, desire, esteem, honor, worship, believe, reject, keep…for my existence.
I spent 10 years in this city, but it seems like all my life as powerful and vigorous and alive it was to me and I was to it.
I’m getting emotional again…Oh my God!! I don’t know if being away from this city made me look at it with another eyes, but every time I come back I feel the place even more beautiful, more enjoyable, more welcoming!
I posted some pictures of this pleasant city!
Welcome to Uberlândia!












5 comments:
from the pictures I can see that it is a beautiful town and as for being clean I think many major cities around the world should take notice of how clean this town is, this is the most important thing.
Obviously you miss it a lot but do you think you will return to live there for good one day?
I love your city, it looks so beautiful!
i've always liked your comments , they tell alot about you and how open and sweet you are !
you blogging is cool coz you can simply know the person before meeting , which gives u a chance to know the deep personality !
i loved your city , what a nice city !! lucky u
gorgeous photos! i just love brasil-- now i want to go again!!!
Anglolibyan, this is a very special city and it's very clean indeed! There are more than 600.000 people living there and the cleanness and infrastructure is not just in downtown. In fact the wider streets with cycle via are situated in the periphery of the city.
About coming back… to Uberlândia I’m almost sure than I won’t live there anymore, but for sure I’ll come back to Brasil!
Thank you Hajar!! Each time I go there I fall in love over again!!!
Dear Piccolina, thank you so much for your sweet words! You know, I’m very luck definitely for having the opportunity to spend a very important period of my life in this city!
Be my guest Ale!! I just got back from there and I’m homesick already! Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment