December 30, 2006

It’s to there that I go!



I don’t know what happens to me when I listen to Arab music or when I see any image from there. It’s a very powerful force that captures my soul, my heart and takes me to another world since I was a little child, as you can see here.

The sound of the language takes me away from the world I'm in now... No, it isn’t just like that. It’s much stronger…I can’t control my emotions because I feel something inside my heart saying to me that I belong to that world. But… How?? Why?? I don’t have any ancestor related to any Arab country or to Sahara...Well, at least in this life!!! This is the only subject that makes my eyes sparkly lately! I’m here now, crying my eyes out because I’m listening to some Arab songs that I even don’t know their names…but that touch deeply on me. To help me with this loneliness on Friday night, my friends are online asking me where I’m gonna spend New Year Even… that hurts a lot. It hurts because as usual, since I left Brasil, I’m not going anywhere…I’ll stay home trying to amuse myself!


I brought many magazines and books from Brasil, around 10 Kgs, and I have a lot to read. As outside is very cold already the thermometer is reaching -6 Celsius, staying inside, at least, is the best thing to do now! But I think that I'm in this terrible mood because I still didn't get why I came back from Brasil this early! There is no reason at all to explain why I'm here, sitting in my chair, complaining and complaining and complaining....and dreaming with the day I'll go to meet my childhood's dream.

There is a new summer song in Brasil that was written specially for me for sure! (I have been very prepotent those days, with a very high self-esteem!)
On its refrain, the singer sings loud…

“If you wanna know
Where I’m going to,
To where it will be sun,
It’s to there that I go!”

I was driving when I heard this song for the first time. I couldn't believe to what I was listening to! It says exactly what I have in mind for about 10 years!

I hope that in 2007 I could go to the sun… I could go, finally, to Sahara.
My SIL doesn’t like much this idea… she said that if I went there, I wouldn’t come back easily!! Oh God!! She is sooooo right!!!


She is soooooooo right....


No comments: