December 30, 2006

Saddam executed!


I found myself very sleepy some hours ago, which is something very rare, when I went to turn the TV off and I heard about Saddam execution. My “probable sleep” just went away very fast then.

Saddam Hussein is dead now. He was executed according to Arab media, shortly before 6am in Iraqi.
I do think that it was a very stupid decision because it didn’t solve any problem. In fact, I’m completely against death sentence.

I’m very pro life and I really don’t believe that killing is the solution for any problem of any magnitude. For me, doesn’t matter who is “the” someone that is being executed. For me it’s inadmissible that humans execute another humans under any circumstance and it is not a religious point of view.

Well, according to CNN and BBC the world is celebrating Saddam’s death at 5:00 am. Yeah, sure!! The world is up just because of this news.

There is just one thing that is very impressive to me: how come a president of a nation which is very proud of its democracy, very proud of its fair laws, very proud of its very high education rate could get very satisfy with the execution of someone? More, how come a very powerful nation has death sentence in 21st century? Unbelievable!!!

I didn’t forget that Mr. Bush is a great enthusiast of death penalty, having sent over 50 people to it already!
Well, what I can say besides that he won once again... His childhood frustration of not winning any war's game may ends here. Now he can have Saddam’s head to decorate his living room and proudly show it to his friends!

Father Bush must be very proud of his kid!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the ancient land that is called 'India', it is popular that there once was a 'truth-loving' family, 'Suryavanshi' or that which copied Sun's rule over its planetary system, which is in existence for billions of years with its influence range spread over a large area illuminated or 'darkness-of-ignorance dispelled completely!

It is popular that Lord Rama was one such king in the chain who killed 'demon king Ravana of Lanka' and in his place enthroned his truth loving brother Vibhishana. Thus the present story of the world also perhaps reflects similar Rama-like desire in Bush to correct the world order - but with a twist in the tale due perhaps to 'Time' being wrong ('good' time passes away faster than 'bad' time!) - in the words of the 'wise' ancients the fag-end of an era of confusion and chaos!

Happy New Year!

Living Away said...

Dear JC Joshi!
Welcome back!
I just hope that Bush doesn't achieve his desire and that the differences keep this world each day more beautiful!
BTW, I got "Bhagavad Gita" em Brasil

I wish you and your family a wonderful 2007!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leandra, glad to see you back too! Thank you for the wishes!

The copy of Gita that you bought in Brasil, is it a translation in Portuguese/ Spanish? I hope you are able to seek answers to your doubts in it. At least I found it has universal application. You might find advice in it about man to live life like a spectator!

Happy reading and the best of everything in 2007!