September 10, 2006

Traveling around!



I was reading Dictator Princess today and she said something that applies for me too.
I had so many plans when I was told that I was moving to Switzerland. Among many different kinds of reactions and expectations what really let me very excited about moving to Europe was the many travel possibilities. Being a Brazilian I knew for sure that I would travel a lot, because Europe distances didn’t scary me at all and I love to drive.

As Dictator Princess said, “...oh everything is so close in Europe, one weekend Milan, the next weekend Frankfurt...then London and Paris"!

Well, things don’t work like this... Unfortunately to travel we need much more than just the desire and passion for doing it. Even staying in cheap hostels and eating sandwiches costs a great amount of money!
It's a little frustrated mainly for me because I’m an Art Historian and Museologist and I would love so much to get to know all the art museums and the places my favorite European artists lived and worked. However I can considerate myself blessed enough because I’m living here for about 3 years and I have traveled a lot! Even in my wild dreams, I never dreamed about coming to here in the first place!

Tomorrow maybe I’ll go to a picnic if the weather keeps like today, beautiful and bright! Just find a scenery place, what is very easy here, and eat some snacks I prepare with all I got in France! Not a lot of production for a fun Sunday!

No comments: