September 11, 2006

Novena

As assumed night people who also suffer from insomnia, sometimes I envy who sleeps 8 hours a day or go to bed before dawn. In summer time I really suffer from a lack of sleep, because my organism doesn’t work properly with sunlight what bother my brother a lot. He is always upset with my sleepless.

Marcos, my brother, is a religious man, I mean a very religious man having all his family evolved with the rituals and ceremonies of a catholic church and he decided to make a novena, (A recitation of prayers and devotions for a special purpose during nine consecutive days.), for my sleepless problem.Last Tuesday I called him and as usual he asked me if I had sleep and as usual I answered him negatively and he got a little disappointed. On Wednesday I called him again and before he asked, I told him I was sleeping a lot since Monday and that I didn’t have took any sleep medicine. He got so happy and then he told me about the novena he was making for me. I got so surprise! Actually I really believe in all kinds of prays, and I really believe that a pray is always welcome, doesn’t matter from what religion it is coming from.
Anyway, it’s unbelievable how much I’m sleeping since Monday. I’m having like 10 or 11 hours of an interrupt sleep daily and I’m really enjoying it. Also I’m taking some 10 minutes nap every day, what never happened before! I never saw a novena working like this before. I knew he has a very good connection with the guy up there, but I didn’t know it was this much!
Tonight I’ll call him again and once more thank him for his prays!

Today after a little nap I went out to a walk. Well, I couldn’t go to a picnic because I woke up around 2 PM. I’m even get exhausted because of all this sleeping I’m into now. There are many wonderful places to walk here near my home and today I chose a spot I found out because of a street detour! It was a wonderful surprise as you can see in some pics I took!

Since I started bloguing I have met wonderful people and their wonderful blogs and today, between one nap and another, I organized and added some new ones I use to visit often.

Oh God, tomorrow I do need to iron all day long! I can’t run anymore! I will borrow a smile from my friend Claudia, put it on my face and prepare myself for a long confrontation:
an iron x my hand!













10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!

The beauty of 'Nature' is that it is universal (it lies in the eye of the beholder!)... The place could be anywhere in the hills, in the Alps or in the Himalayas - where I was born, but brought up in the plains due to circumstances and visited the hills only for small durations on vacations in childhood with parents...and later also for a few years to a virgin forest with my own family, but at a location far removed from the home town, as if travelling back in time!

My last visit to the home town saddened me a bit to see the un-artistic fusion of the 'modern' and the 'ancient' due to growing needs with population explosion...

Analog Girl said...

Beautiful pics!
And you just need to go on a walk to see his sort of things in Nature?
Lately i'm missing the countryside so much!
I'm glad you're sleeping better now, i envy you. I guess i'll have to get back to my sleeping teas.
kisses**

Living Away said...

You are so right, JC Joshi! The beauty of Nature is really an universal amazement. I do love to admire and contemplate nature, from a wonderful Sahara landscape to Amazonia forest, from the Alps to Himalayas, or even just a typical tree from my hometown.
Wow, you are from Himalayas?! I really want to visit this wonderful mystic place! Himalayas and Sahara are in my “to travel list” and I do hope to realize this dream before I die!
Do you know, every time I go to Brasil I have the same sensation even though we have a very good population growth control there?! But also due to economical and educational issues many green areas are being destroyed by the voracity of many farmers and it hurts a lot. Also the rural exodus to the big cities such São Paulo, is altering the quality of life of those people, but they don’t get it. They leave the town where they were born, dreaming with the consuming lifestyle that TV shows them all the time, making them feeling as they were losers for not having the enough money to increase the profit of huge companies.
Result of that: they lose the quality of life they had and worst, they don’t notice! It’s so sad!

Hey Analog! Yeah, just a walk and I’m in this beautiful spot. I swear, I’m not a complainer, but I think I start missing my “staying awake nights”. I’m sleeping too much and also I’m getting tired of being sleepy all day long!
Btw, sleep tea works for you?

Geliq said...

Hi Leandra!

I really enjoyed reading your blogs about your everyday experiences on life. Regarding this post, I am so glad to know that novena really works. I am not actually a religious person but I do believe in the power of prayers. Sometimes though, what you asked for isn't given exactly but just remember that it was just replaced by something better than what you had asked Him.

Have a nice day and continue exploring the beauty of life...

:)

Living Away said...

Hey Geliq!
I really enjoy your blog as well.
Well, I do believe in the power of prayers myself and I’m not a religious woman either!
I remember when I was like 17 years old and my mother was so upset because I didn’t go to church. So she decided talking to a catholic priest, who still is a very close friend of my family, about it. I got so relieved when he said to her that if he had half of the people who often were in his church praying with the same intensity and frequency as I did, he would be a very happy priest.
This priest is almost 80 years old now and he came back to his country, Italy, but when he talked to someone in my family he still asks if my mom is tranquil about my decision!
Thanks for your visit!!

Hamze said...

Nice Pictures.

Prayers are, in some cases, just for our psychological relief. Dont get me wrong, I consider myself very religious, and believe in all sort of prayers as well; just from a little different perspective (I am a muslim).

Hope you keep getting your good hours of sleep. I am not.

Living Away said...

Thanks for stopping by Hamze.
I agree with you, and that’s why I like to pray. In fact I like to thank more than praying.
I’m sleeping a lot, what makes me feel strange in a certain way, since I’m not use to that. But I’m feeling fresh and rested… I hope it doesn’t end soon because I’m enjoying it.
I hope you can get some sleep soon.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Leandra, my ancestors belonged to the Himalayas. However, my parents in the early twenties decided to leave the home town in the Kumaon region of Uttar Pradesh (now Uttaranchal) for a Central Government job in Himachal Pradesh. Thus I was born in Shimla, the state capital, before the World War II, and moved over to New Delhi, the capital of the country, a year after the start of the war on 1st Sept. '39...

Although I was born in a simple orthodox Hindu brahmin family, by nature I am not at all orthodox, and from early age have believed in one unseen God who is taking care of the entire universe - the 'non-living' as well as the 'living' irrespective of their caste, creed, belief and so on, that divide the human race into different compartment-like lives, and act as sources of all problems in the present day world...

Living Away said...

I do like your comments and not just in my blog. Thank you so much for coming back dear JC Joshi.
Some years ago I saw a picture of Kumaon and it's just astonishing. No doubts about this cognomen "a slice of heaven".
I have a friend who was born in Rampor, sorry I don’t know if I spelled is correctly. And if I’m not messing with India geography, I guess it is in the same “state”. Am I wrong?

I also believe in one God that just want us to be happy and having a fraternal love for every single creature in this universe, living and non-living!
Please, come back regularly!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Leandra, you are right, Rampur is located in the plains of Uttar Pradesh (literally the Northern state), which (from New Delhi) lies on way to Nainital or a lake named after a Goddess, a hill-station at an altitude of 6200 feet, in the Kumaon region of the Uttaranchal (‘northern border’) hills…

The ancient Hindus visualized the Himalayas as a Goddess (Devi) reclining west-east with her head towards the western end. And just as they visualized concentrated energy centres within the human body, each as an essence of some planet, they built temples on the different selected locations in the Himalayas where energy believably is concentrated…

Nainadevi temple in Himachal Pradesh (literally ‘the snowy border’) signifies the location of the eye of the Goddess…

On one end of the Nainilake also there is a temple where the Mother, who is believed to have 108 forms, is worshipped in the form of Nainadevi’s idol…

A period, from 23rd September to 1st October, is dedicated to the Goddess this year. The dates are decided every year based on the lunar cycle, for festivities all over India during Navaratri or nine nights - three each to mark the aspects of creation, sustenance and transformation of earth and human life upon it by the Goddess as Mother - to conform to nine selected planets, one central to represent the formless, and one each responsible for eight directions…