
I never thought that one day I could considerate a “visit” to Carrefour a promenade! Do I?
Today I went shopping in Mulhouse, France. It’s unbelievable how supermarket in Switzerland is boring. It looks like Brazilian supermarket in the 80s, when we had our doors closed to importation. And more unbelievable is I’m having fun at a supermarket. It’s hard to believe.
So, I was wondering what makes me drive for about 1 hour and 30 minutes to go shopping, grocery shopping, in France:
-Is my life this boring?
-Is French yogurt this good?
-Is it my will to listening to people speaking French instead to this very ugly Swiss German I’m obligated to hear here?
-Is it the exorbitant pricey of Switzerland?
-Is it the wonderful and tasteful French fresh goat cheese?
-Is it the baguette, the croissant or the Madeleine?
-Is it the Bonne Maman line? Is it the President butter?
-Is it the desperation to get out of Switzerland?
Well, reasons to justify my "trip" to France I have, but I need to get real about something: if going to Carrefour is my way-of-having-fun-here, I do need to think seriously about the concept of having fun for me.
Definitely it is not a promenade or it is?
Promenade: A leisurely walk, especially one taken in a public place as a social activity.











No comments:
Post a Comment