July 17, 2006

Time to fold the sleeves


I gave myself a deadline to put some things in order in my house, in my life. I do believe that a disorganized house is just a reflex of a disorganized life and this “rule” really applies for me right now.
Since I got this huge blue and locked myself inside my wind-castle, I became a little… let see… benevolent with my “freak organization behavior”.I used to have all my t-shirts separate by size, shape and color and very well folded in my wardrobe. Wardrobe!! Oh! God... Is there something more old fashion than wardrobe?? I do miss my walking closed… my dresses, skirts, pants, socks, lingerie and jackets were very well organized as well as my bijoux, shoes, bags, and so on! That is not the picture I’m seeing now. They are all mess up, and for some months, I have closed the drawers even without look at them. That is not me at all.

Since I was a child I love to have everything in the right place. I adore those airplane’s mini compartments, or those furniture with many drawers and/or boxes. I’m a box lover, definitively. Those Ferrero Rocher’s boxes are so cool. They hold a lot of small stuff and also, there is chocolate inside. Perfect!
I do love boxes! They are so helpful and can hold almost everything. That just reminds me that I need to organize my boxes too. Even though they have their own lids and I can’t see through them, except the Ferrero Rocher’s one, they must be organized too.

I do like to open my wardrobe’s doors or my kitchen’s cabinets and see everything in perfect order. I do enjoy that view and I like keeping them this way.

However, since I started this “me-break-thing” I have forgotten about my organization skills and right now I realized that it is driving me CRAZY. I can’t spend more than 2 minutes looking for something I need, and doesn’t matter if it's a pencil or a ring. I just get mad. It is a waste of time! (I used to think like this even before I got to know the Martha Stewart way of living.) By the way, I don’t like perfection at all, it’s so boring….

I used and I like to be like this, for example: I’m not at home and I need something that is there. I just call and say it is in the second drawer, on left. Or it is in the third shelf, inside the green plastic folder, labeled “car insurance”. So, everybody can find everything easily. Well, not right now… but in few days everything will come back to normality!!
So, after all this negligence is time to put my life back on track again. I gave myself 4 days to do all this stuff. Also, I must put in order my storage and that will be hard. Since the winter is gone, I completely forgot about it. My winter clothes are not properly packed up and that means more work to do, before the next winter knock my door! Before the next winter? No way, before 20th July!

In a process of putting things in the right place, I like to use it as a metaphor to put my thoughts in order too. I open one box or one drawer, I take everything out, I separate them and I decide what to keep, why to keep and what to donate or what to throw away. In this way, I organize my brain files also.

As we say in Brasil, is time to fold the sleeves and work hard!

From istockphoto


3 comments:

Analog Girl said...

I love organizing things, but i admit that i have to be in the mood for that or else everything goes wrong. For instance, today I've been spending the whole sunday afternoon organizing and selecting and ended up by 11 pm! Since 4 pm! Well i just love it.
And i totally agree that it helps organizing the brain too, and putting order in the caos that sometimes rule my mind.

Good luck for those 4 days, don't forget to keep me informed.
Kiss**

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

I like to organize things too. I like my house to be clean, but when I get depressed I let it get sloppy sometimes. Then I figured out that I especially need to clean the house when I'm depressed, because it helps me push the depression and chaos out of my mind when my environment is all clean and sparkly.

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
Gps pda palm Women's convertible mittens Mal voyant scrabble