July 19, 2006

Time to fold the sleeves- II


Last Sunday I settled a deadline for having some closet’s organization around here. I’m almost finishing with it, what makes me feel great about my accomplishment’s skills.

My bathroom’s cabinets are all in order with everything well arranged. My wardrobe is almost done as well, but I got a terrible dilemma. I love white T-shirt and I have a lot of them. I was separating them by style, shape and size and I found out that the ones I love the most are so old, so worn that I need to be brave enough to donate some of them, or all of them. Wow, I do know that I will never donate all of them!!
A white T-shirt is much more than a cheap article of clothing for me! They make me remember wonderful moments in my life, they carry a lot of history and besides, they are so comfortable...I’m not a kind of person who is attached to things, but white T-shirt… oh boy, I gotta have a very good attitude with them.

Anyway… my drawers are in perfect shape now, just the way I do like to see them. I used 2 different drawers for colorful T-shirts with and without sleeves, and of course all of them are folded in the same size, and organized in columns from darker to lighter. Another one I used just for black and white T-shirts, because they are in bigger quantities.
My pajamas and nights drawer are also done. I used organza ’s bags to keep the silk’s ones protected from what I have no idea to be honest.

My bedside table’s drawers are so neat, with everything in order. I used one drawer for my night care products and another one for books and magazines.
I’m a cream-lotion-emulsion-care product lover. So, I adore to take a good care of myself and because that I use to spend a “nice time” in my bathroom before, during and after my shower! Just few minutes before bedtime, I take care of my feet, lips, hand and elbows. I have almost everything from Dr. Scholl's Overnight Foot Cream line and every single night I apply them with pleasure.
Also I have specific creams for keep my elbows smooth, my hands spotless and one lip balm that I found few months ago from Roc that rocks. Well, Ferrero Rocher’s boxes help a lot!!!

So, for today I need to work on my bijoux, bags, socks, lingerie and the hanged clothes. I won’t be able to clean my books and CDs this week because my allergic rhinitis is so up now. This is a kind of activity that really takes time, since I got more than 500 CDs and lot of books.
I don’t know how many books I have!! How come? I’m so freak with numbers (well, I’m not very good with them) that I use to count how many steps I climb or how many breads or cookies I make, or how many panties I have…I do need to find out how many books I have and also catalog them.
Talking about books, I created my own “library code” to classify them and make them easy to find, but I don’t have much space here in Switzerland and consequently not enough shelves to display them like I did before, unfortunately. Therefore, I need to organize them by size and keep most of them in my storage. Here in my office/library/entertainment room I keep just the ones I work with and the ones I do care abut them. Sorry guys, I’ll work on you later.

I just hope that by the end of this cleaning-organization process, my thoughts also get free of dust and disorder without getting lost in its own files classification!


2 comments:

Analog Girl said...

Leandra, i share your passion for black and white shirts! How I understand you. If you really have to donate some of your favourites, don't give them all. Keep at least one. When i feel like some object makes part of my personal history, i keep it, it is so important to me.
Good luck with the rest of the cleaning and organizing. ;)
Big big kiss**

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Arizona accutane law book Howto laptop hard drive Speed t23 ibm against laptop Concept car cadillac Career financial future planning plotters and plotters and plotters and p Fighting arcade games Cures for dog allergies Radius plotters Euro blonde bang def vitamines Mail order prescriptions Paris hilton hacks Isuzu imark specifications Large scale thermal plotters