March 21, 2006

Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday, Leandrinho!



Today is my nephew’s birthday.
He is the coolest guy ever. He is a calm and nice boy that loves play down the streets with his friends. I just love him very much.
My brother, his father, just named him after me, and I’m so proud of that. We are great pals!
I remember when he found out about our names. He called and said: “auntie Dadá, you are LeandRRRRAAA and I’m LeandRRROOO!! Cool hum!!”
Dadá is one of my nicknames.

Today Leandro is turning 10 years old. He loves to play piano and also he loves to make me cry when he surprises me singing songs that my father who passed way when I was 14, sang for me.

Leandro you are very important to me and you know that I'll be with you forever!
"just call my name, and I’ll be there!"

My love, beijo na bunda e até segunda!

As you know, Brazil is a very informal country and I’m even more informal. I love this “out going” way of life that was passed to as by the miscegenation between the Africans and native indigenous of Brazil, after the arrived of the Portugueses.
Well, Leandro and I have our own expressions, our way to say things. One example of that is how we say bye, after talking on the phone.
The translation will lose its rhyme but I’ll try anyway… before we hang up, we don’t say bye or ciao, we say "Beijo na bunda e até Segunda!" It would be something like… "one kiss on your butt and until Monday!” No rhyme at all!!!

Happy birthday my sweetie!! I do love you very very much!!

5 comments:

Aisha said...

Aw happy bhirthday!!!

Btw Leandra I'm going to Rio this summer. Will you be there? I'm so scared now because everhyone is frightening me to death about the crime in Rio.

celestialmtn said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Leandrinho!!! To be named after you is such a beautiful honor!

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Cute boy!
LOL! what a funny good-bye greeting!

Living Away said...

Aisha, don’t worry about Rio. I mean, of course you need to be careful because there is more than 10 million people living there and as all huge cities, you gotta take care of some details like not going out the tourism map, or not staying all night long down the streets, and things like that. And of course, you must have fun and Rio is the right place!
“Boa viagem!” Good trip!

Nova, my beautiful friend! Thanks you so much for your words, you always saying wonderful things!

Hajar, do you believe that my niece, Leandro’s sister, just said that that funny greeting to the priest after the mass!!?? My sister-in-law almost killed me! J

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »