It is so cool. For the first time in my life I got the blue, a huge blue!
My friends are very up set with me because I stopped e-mail them, call them. I did because I never talk about my sad feelings or about my anxious. They know me as the happiest person on earth and I want to keep this way, because my true me is a happy person.
I’m the one who try to put everybody up. I’m the one who talks smiling; I’m the one who people call to get the party start and now I got the blue. The motif I stopped talking to my dear friends was just one: I do not want them to get up set with me. Well, it turned around. Funny!
I’m 40 years old woman, an art historian, a politic person - left of course, an ecological and conscious citizen of the world, Brazilian, I have countless best friend all over the world, I have a husband and a family that love me, I’m a painter, a readaholic, a music lover, a samba dancer and I dance very well, anyway…
Also I’m not a timid person at all. I used to give a speech for 15.000 people, you read right, 15.000.
So, what happened? That is what this blog is about. That’s why I exposed myself like this, to try to re-find the true me. I really miss me!
I think I passed a wrong image of how I'm or how I'm now. I'm not at home 24/7 crying my eyes out. Ok! I live in Switzerland, the boriest country ever, but every 2 weeks I go to France to meet some foreign friends. There we go to a move, theater, coffee shop, and disco. We talk a lot, we laugh a lot. 3 weeks ago I went to Venice to visit a Biennale of Art. In 4 weeks I’m going to Madrid, Valencia and around. In January I’m going to Brazil for my brother’s birthday, my sister-in-law graduation and for carnaval. When I get back here, I’m going to Paris with a friend. So, this sounds boring, or sad? I don’t think so!
I use this blog to wallow every single drop of my sadness of living away. It is working. I'm away from the sunshine Brazil and Brazilians since 1997. Also I turned 40 this year.
I don’t know how many of you turned 40 already. It is not the best thing in life. It’s cool, thou! I like being 40. My body is even better now than 20 years ago. I work out regularly, I have a very health diet, and I hate junk food, and so on...
So, I’m thrilled with the e-mails and messages I got, trying to help me out. Thanks guys! But being with the blue is not that bad. I found beautiful things about me. I traveled deeply inside me to rescue that Leandra who got lost in some airport or highway and I found things that I had forgotten about it. And by the way, is there somebody who never got the blue, or feel a little depressed? I doubt it!
I’m very sensitive and sensible person and also, I think a lot! So, what I have is "just" all those questions about getting older, about what I’m, what I do, what I did and what I will do.
In Portuguese there are 2 verbs for the verb To Be: Ser and Estar.
The verb Ser has an inherent quality and permanent or long-term attributes that seldom if ever change. Eu sou Leandra. I’m Leandra. I will be Leandra forever!
The verb Estar is focused on the present and it’s temporary, changeable. Eu estou triste. I’m sad. I’m not sad for the rest of my life!
"I estou sad!" See, nobody can be sad forever?
Take care!












4 comments:
Oh, this was such a beautiful and honest entry! We all get the "blues" sometimes, and at some points, we are so down with the "blues" but we have to remember that when we hit that very bottom of blue, there is nowhere to go but UP!
Don't ever deny your true self. Don't wear that mask of being always the happy one. Sometimes, we need to let the darkness in our life in order to appreciate when the light comes back.
One thing I know for sure about you: you will always be the beautiful Leandra!!!
oh how i miss paris! blue can be good every so often...let's us enjoy the happiness. :-)
I met the love of my life in Italy a number of years ago, and we tried for 2 years, then last year he returned to Rome,,, with my heart,, and I have been 'blue'for too long now,, and this post made me think you are so correct,, I am not blue forever,,, thanks for the reminder,,, glad you are such a positive person,, we need more people like you!!!
I too have learned so much in my blue period!!!
Hi, I just found your blog by chance and I like it a lot. So you are coming to Madrid! I am from Madrid, living here at the moment after living in the UK for 3 years. If you need any help, please email email me at: ayalguita@yahoo.es I will be more than pleased to help you!
Post a Comment