December 4, 2005

Flea market


yaser and "the prophet"


Saturday morning I went to a flea market in Besançon, France.
It was great! I just love places like this, but not just for shopping. In fact, what I adore is talking to the sellers and to the consumers, is thinking about all those object’s histories, is thinking about the needs of those people who are there looking for something that probably they really don’t need it… include myself bien sûr!


Even though I’m allergic to the characteristic smell of places like flea market I cannot deprive myself of the smell of time. I think it’s the unique opportunity I have to smell time, to think about it as something palpable.

So, this flea market is on top of a mountain and they use an old fort as stores as you can see in the pictures here. What a perfect spot for flea market!I find irresistible constructions like this one. I was delightful with its arcs, its shapes, its shadows and its colors.

Life is funny! I was stopped for a seller who looks like a prophet with his huge white beard that just looked at my eyes and said very true things about myself. Wow! It was something that I did not expect it. He also asked me to wait. I will monsieur. I will! I do know what you were saying!

While Yaser was shopping I was traveling, traveling in time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »