March 15, 2009

Paella para mí! Paella for me!

My dinner today! Sooo delicious!

Oh God, have mercy!!


Sunday evening, cold weather...
It calls for a good red wine and comfort food!

Comfort food for me is something that I really feel embracing my soul already at the first bite. There are many dishes that I call comfort food and one of them is this delicious and beautiful Spanish dish called paella.
It's so simple to make and the aroma it spreads on the air is really fantastic.

The wine? A 2003 Tapeña, Garnacha!

4 comments:

Andrea Nestrea said...

e eu aqui morrendo de fome!!
quase lambi a tela LCD. heheh
beijos e bon apetit!!

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

It looks very picturesque. I have never eaten a dish that had the animals still in their shells after they are mixed in the rice. I'm glad you felt warm and cozy inside from eating it.

Living Away said...

nao dea!
lamber tela de computador e muito triste. vem pra ca mulher, que eu preparo uma paella e ai ce lambe a panela!

hajar,
if you take the shrimp skin out, its juice doesn't go to the rice and it will taste as rubber. and about the clams, it's almost impossible to open them without cooking them. and in the process of cooking they open by themselves if they were very fresh!

N said...

Yummm...I had paella in Spain when I was 16. I loved it. How do you make that?