December 15, 2008

Mammary ecography

I didn't get the complete evaluation yet of the second lump found in my right breast. I got the results of the mammary ecography and according to the doctor everything is fine with it. I do hope so that he is right and I don't wish anything in life than being healthy and cancer free.

Cancer...this word is huge itself. In my family, until now, nobody even dare to pronounce it and when someone wants or needs to talk about it, always uses euphemism to try to make the word cancer looks less important or painful. They say "that illness" or "that thing" or "bad thing" and so on.

I guess that avoiding the subject is even worst, doesn't matter if saying or not saying it properly. Millions of women and men die early because they avoid to be checked for mere fear of the results.
By the way, did you know that the death rate of man who dies of breast cancer is astronomically huge? Men have breast as well, but they don't check it. And when they found out that they have cancer, it is already too late.

My family is cancer free, thank God. Nobody had cancer so far and please dear God keep us away from "this illness".

So, the pics below are my mammary ecography. Tomorrow I'll go again to the hospital to try to get the result of the mamography! I do have hope that I'll spend my holidays as happier as never before and be able to celebrate one more year with joy!


Mammary ecography by Min-Sheng General Hospital of Taoyuan-Taiwan

Mammary ecography by Min-Sheng General Hospital of Taoyuan-Taiwan

3 comments:

Analog Girl said...

Que alívio, não? Pelo menos poderá ter um bocadinho de paz neste época, que merece ser bonita e plena de sorrisos.

Vc tem muita sorte em ter uma família "cancer free", na minha família já tenho bastantes casos, os mais recentes, a minha mãe e o meu avô. Ambos partiram por causa dessa doença. Mas eu faço exames religiosamente, creio que temos de perder o medo. o diagonóstico precoce é o modo de salvar mais vidas...

Living Away said...

olha jo, eu ainda nao estou 100% aliviada nao, mas uns 80% o que ja e grande coisa!
a sombra de qualquer duvida e pior do que a realidade as vezes e isso me incomoda muito.

oh minha linda, eu sinto muito. perder do medo e um grande passo e como voce disse salva muitas vidas.

sabia que eu te admiro muito e sou sua fa?

um beijo enorme!
le

Living Away said...

thank you anonymous for all you caress!
for sure your prayers are joining my prayers and we will be heard!