Barack Obama elected president!What a wonderful news!
As in Brasil, a person from minority group of society won the presidential election and this is ALL what really matters!
I don't know how to address a person by his/her color, race or religion and in consequence I don't know how to recognize Obama as the 1st "black president" elected of the USA.
I do recognize him as the 44th president and most importantly, as the man who broke the political oligarchy that was ruling the country for decades.
I knew he was going to win as soon as I heard his grandmother had passed away. She was suffering for long time and I felt as she was waiting to finish a work she had started and when she felt she had accomplished it she got ready to go "home" as Obama said when he announced her death.
Congratulations Mr. President Barack Obama! Congratulations!
As in Brasil, a person from minority group of society won the presidential election and this is ALL what really matters!
I don't know how to address a person by his/her color, race or religion and in consequence I don't know how to recognize Obama as the 1st "black president" elected of the USA.
I do recognize him as the 44th president and most importantly, as the man who broke the political oligarchy that was ruling the country for decades.
I knew he was going to win as soon as I heard his grandmother had passed away. She was suffering for long time and I felt as she was waiting to finish a work she had started and when she felt she had accomplished it she got ready to go "home" as Obama said when he announced her death.
Congratulations Mr. President Barack Obama! Congratulations!











10 comments:
He's mixed race and it annoys me a lot when people say he's the first black president.
First of all, black is not a politically correct term. Second, he might see himself as African-American, he sure forgets his "white" part.
I often wonder how his mother would feel if she's still alive that he consider himself only African-American. So his "white" side is not important?
I'm so happy! He Won!
hi bluefish!
i grew up knowing that color of the skin is just color of skin, nothing else, and i love this concept.
for me the term african-american is too politically correct and to be honest it sounds racist and segregative as well.
i never met a black person in the usa who prefers to be called africa-american instead of black.
and to support it, look what i just read at the new york times: "Despite the increasing use of the term African-American, most black Americans still prefer to be called black, according to a survey.
The survey, by the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, a Washington research organization specializing in black issues, found that 72 percent preferred black, 15 percent African-American, 3 percent Afro-American and 2 percent Negro, with the rest giving no opinion or other responses."
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CE4D61739F93AA15752C0A967958260
you know, i do believe that his mother is extremely proud of him for the person he became.
hello hajar!
i'm thrilled! i couldn't believe in what my ears were hearing when i turned the tv on.
the emotion i saw into people's eyes in chicago, was the emotion of brazilians when our actual president, luis inacio lula da silva, won the presidential election for the first and second time.
it's beautiful and of course my eyes got full of tears also.
he won!!
good news of course but what would that mean to American foreign policies? we will have to wait and see but I am not holding my breath.
hope you are well :o)
hi anglo!
i just hope that the elected president respects the other countries sovereignty and turns his attention to the country he was elected for.
i'm much better, thanks!
thanks for your comments, nilo dream!
Post a Comment