I really don't understand the USA election. I mean, since I was a child in my Brasil, we know that democracy is the government of the people, by the people, for the people as the Greeks wrote down and Abraham Lincoln spoke out!
Also we learned that a democratic election is also a direct election, having one or two round system, dependently of the number of the candidates. I mean, people vote in their favorite candidate/s and the one who gets the majority of the votes, 50% plus 1, gains the election and that's it!
No electoral college, no delegate!
In my understanding what really legitimate the election is the absolutely certainty that the result that comes out of the ballot-box (ballot-box sounds so obsolete) is respected, accepted and uncontested as in Brasil, Finland, Canada, France and many more countries.
Really, I don't understand the USA's election process. I know how it works but what I really don't understand is how it can be proudly called democratic if in the end what really matters is the decision of the electoral college!
13 years ago











5 comments:
Hi le, nilo dream has presented a wonderfully true explanation in the praise of the American system of administration, under serial numbers from 1 to 8 :-j
Interestingly, '8' (one out of innumerable alphanumerical symbols used for communication between humans all over the globe) represents the human form defined by two vessels, called 'conception vessel' and 'governor vessel' by the ancients.
And, through ages the figure of '8' - when written horizontally - symbolically represents infinity, that God alone is believed to be:-j
And thus human being is symbolically indicated as 'imperfect'. For no administrative system so far has proved fool-proof - except the solar system ;-j
It exists for over 4 billion years. And, look how 'our planet earth' and its satellite 'moon' continue to look beautiful - ageless:-j
And among the grand variety of animal forms that exist on earth, perhaps man alone can realise the formless creator, just as he has found existence of different forms of energy: Heat, light, sound, electricity, magnetism...and 'supreme soul' also - by the 'wise ancients' only though
:-j c
Best wishes.
dear nilo dream,
thanks for your comments!
dear uncle jc!
thank you so much for your wise words.
have a nice and safe trip!
dear le and nilo dream, Thanks for the good wishes and for the brief essence of the world politics and America (west)!
I am spending time with my 18-month-old grandson at Mumbai despite language barrier!
Interestingly, Mumbai the commercial capital of India is in touch with Egypt thanks to the Arabian Sea waters - two of the advanced ancient civilisations in the good old days!
Best wishes for return of the golden days!
Post a Comment