April 23, 2008

Earthquake

Exactly at 2:24 PM I was in my bed with my laptop on my lap chatting with a dear friend and then my bed started shaking very strongly. The window was closed, air condition off, but the curtains were moving as well!

My heart almost got out and I got very very scared, really in panic because I live in the 12th floor! I guess all the shaking duration was less than 1 minute but for me it was an eternity!

As soon as I caught my breath back I goggled to find a website about earthquake and I found exactly what happened here.

The city I live is just at the end of the red line,
on north, over Taiwan!



A friend just said the Taiwan is a blessing because it has "just" inoffensive earthquake!
Yeah, right!

3 comments:

♥ N o v a said...

My goodness! I can only imagine how scared you were. It's been a long time since I've felt an earthquake, but I do remember how scary it is.

Glad you're ok!

Analog Girl said...

já por duas vezes me dei conta de pequenos tremores de terra, mas nunca um 4.7!!MEDO!
Mas ainda bem que tudo estabilizou e não foi problemático.
:)

beijo**

Living Away said...

i'm so sorry nova you have tried this scared feeling of having the floor under you feet shaking...i mean, in a concrete physical way!
thanks for always being present and so supportive!


jo, eu posso te dizer que nao e a melhor sensacao do mundo! sao os segundos mais longos que ja experimentei!

beijos nesse coracao lindo!