April 13, 2008

Alishan - Ali Mountain!

Last week I went to Alishan, Ali's mountain, South of Taiwan!
Alishan
is the most famous scenic spot here in Taiwan and I got amazed to see how far people travel just to watch the astonishing sunset, sunrise and see the cherry trees blooming!

It was an amazing holiday plus weekend here! On Friday was Ching Ming Jie, the day to
pay a solemn homage to the beloved ones who have passed away! In this day the Taiwanese visit, clean and light incenses to their dearest ones! Along the road was possible to see the smoke of the incenses coming out of the cemeteries and long lines of cars! And I can tell that it seemed everyone left home in the same time. Every single place was full of people and food.

I left Taoyuan under rain to get there, only 250 km far, under shiny and bright day! The blue sky lighted my heart up and I was feeling the queen of the world, really!!

I took a lot of pics but for a better vision and understanding, I advise you to start from bottom to top! I never get the pis in a correct way!





The monkeys came to steal some nuts from the tourists!


I could stay there for hours and hours just looking at
those magnificent mountains!


I love the blue of the sky...remind me of Brasil

The best spot to watch sunrise at
Alishan Forest Scenic Road!

Thank you God for all this!

Thank you!





Thank you for allow me to see
the splendor of your creation,
dear God!


Sunrise at Zhu Mountain peak!

The great apparatus people bring to see the stars!
It was before 5AM


In front of the hotel, people preparing to see the sunset!
It was before 4AM



I stayed in a hotel at the top of the mountain! On 3:20 the bedroom's phone called the whole hotel, waking us up to get in the bus to go to a scenic stop to watch the spectacular sunrise!

It was a great experience, I just loved! I'm those kind of people that think that I don't need words to explain any art work. It just talks by itself!
I know it's a little strange to an art historian to say that, but I truly believe that people don't need any guide to their emotions, just let it flows to its maximum without any holding! When any art work touches you, it's because you feel it in all its plenitude and it is what matters!

Well, this master piece of God's work doesn't need any explanation at all! It's a pleasure and privilege to be able to look at it and to feel it...but unfortunately the Taiwanese people don't share this opinion with me and there were guides talking all the time without stopping during the sunrise magic...The guide was speaking in Mandarin and using a megaphone to reach as many people as he could.
So, I tried my super best to be as far as I could from the group to listen to the extraordinary silence, that is the better soundtrack ever, produced for this show!

After 2 hours walking in a park,
I got at the best spot to see the sunset in a perfect time!




How come I can see such a beauty
without tears coming out of my eyes?
Impossible!


Brasil? Present!


This tree is 2500 years old!

A train station on the main spot:
Ali's favorite tree that was broken by a wind storm years ago!

Food market at Shouchen Temple!
Taiwanese people love to eat!

Shouchen Temple!
My passion for dragons keeps growing here!



Two sister's pond!
Says the legend that two sisters fell in love for one man,
and one of them killed the other one to get his love!
Then the one only pound divided in 2 being the sisters apart for good!

Incredible view, amazing feeling!
I got touched
for sure!

A practical joke to a Brazilian friend!
A "Paçoca
tree"

Alishan Forest Railway that is one of the only three remaining
alpine railways in the world!
It goes from 30 mt to 2,450 mt above the sea level



How gorgeous is that?!

Cherry blossoms! I always saw that on TV
but I never imagined I would be presented with such
a great moment in my life!
Thanks!

The main gate of Alishan!
Crowd places here is really a pleonasm!

Tea field! It smells wonderfully!

Going to the temple on Saturday morning!

The scenic road to Alishan is really breathless!

Typical Taiwanese woman going shopping early in the morning

Chiayi City! It's the main gate to Alishan

Food court at a gas station! Was it crowded?
I don't think so!

Stop at a gas station/food court!
Believe, it says: you are here!
So easy to get lost here!!

10 comments:

piccolina said...

OMG i envy u soo bad but at the same time i'm really glad and happy that u r having such a great time

enjoy sweetie

Lu

Ciara said...

WOW you're pictures are amazing, what a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy yourself
Ciara

JC said...

Hi Leandra, Thanks for sharing pictures of beautiful Nature!

Living Away said...

lu, you are the cutest and the greatest ever!! thank you so much for your caress my dear friend!

hey ciara! i had a wonderful time really! i love to watch nature exploding in an amazing spectacle!

my dearest uncle!
thanks for liking them. it means a lot to me any word from you!

Analog Girl said...

Que lindo!
Senti-me levada para lá com as suas palavras. Deve ser uma sensação indescritível, estar em locais assim...
:)

Anglo-Libyan said...

absolutely fantastic
thank you so much for this post.

Living Away said...

hey jo!
olha foi mais que maravlhoso e eu tenho certeza que eu jamais me esquecerei da sombra daquele por-do-sol e nem do calor do nascer sol no meu rosto!

aquele local tem uma energia incrivel!

beijos e brigada pelo seu carinho constante!

my dear friend anglo!
i thought about you when i was there, not in a very good way...like...poor anglo, in that cold london!
thanks dear!

a_akak said...

wow these pic are great and it seems you are having a great time :)

It seems a simpler life? uinlike the complex life we lead or am i mistaken?

Fe Aman allah (In God's Trust I Leave You)

dusk till dawn said...

hi
what a beautiful pics , its breath taken , so relaxing, the kind of places i love to visit ,
once a gain u let ur hair down and having gr8 peaceful times good on u .make it to the max
thanx for sharing it,iam sure alot of proposals took place during that times

Living Away said...

i really had a great time a_akak!
you got that right, this is the life we all should get, simple and getting simpler day after day!
thank you for stopping by!

hi dusk!
i just came from your blog! "miss brasil" wow, i wish!
thank you so much for being so supportive and so attentive to each detail. i need to cut/trim my hair, but i'm not brave enough!
and about the proposals there...i didn't see any but if there is a place to make it especial, there is the place for sure!