February 16, 2008

Unexplainable Love

Pure joy one the Nile

I wish I could know why I have this huge passion for Egypt. It isn't just because I'm an art historian that are surround by ancient art books for ages. It isn't just because I'm a museologist and therefor Egypt means the world...it's deeper, much deeper...
It's in my heart, right there...in that place we keep real love, real passion in a unexplainable way.

I have said this over and over and it's the truest feeling I ever felt...I never felt the sense of completeness as I felt in Egypt. Even in Brasil, in my hometown!
It's amazing how my heart feels at home over there. I breath freely, with my heart exploding in joy!
I love to feel that warm wind on my face, I love to walk in those narrow streets feeling the smell of the delicious meal that are being prepared at each one's home! I love the sound of this country, it's so vivid and so full of contrasts! I love the melody of the language, the friendly people always ready to help out! I love it's ancient history and it's modern history as well.

And the Nile...the Nile is a childhood's dream, it's life, it's death, it's magic, it's the beginning and the end. The Nile...I wish I could have words that could translate what I felt when I wet my hands into your waters.

And the Sahara...I have dreamt with Sahara even before I was born for sure. It belongs to my blood, to a life I feel I have lived in a very remote past.

Oh God, please allow me to come back to Egypt one day without knowing the day to return!

5 comments:

JC said...

Leandra, I hope you know that as per anthropologists Homo sapiens or Modern man all over the world today have roots in the African Continent (although Hindus will tell you that the absolutely original root, like that of a Banyan Tree, lies at Varanasi, India!)...

Historians generally believe Egyptian, Greek, Chinese, Indian and so on civilisations to have been 'advanced' in the 'past'..

Living Away said...

i do know that dear jc!
i worked for about 5 years in a museum of indigenous people of the federal university of uberlandia in brasil and the native habitants of my country have many storytelling linking them with asiatic continent!
this subject is fascinating!

vanarasis as far as i know is one of the oldest cities in the world, am i right? last night i watched a documentary about the sacred ganges. it just increased my will to visit your beautiful country dear uncle!

JC said...

Leandra, I expected that reply from you! In the Gita, the 'wise ancients' compared man with an inveted tree, that is, unlike trees man has his actual roots in the 'sky' - and not in earth! However, as part of a drama, one believably feels one's roots to exist in some localised region of earth at the given point of time!
Varanasi or Kashi the ancient name just are symbols to represent the Formless (Supreme Soul) that lies dormant as human being's mind's eye or also called the 'Third Eye of Shiva'...The external world everywhere is perfect and beautiful. However, it is only the human being who appears to become more and more imperfect with passage of time despite apparent 'advancement in IT'!

I am glad God has given you some time, and also eyes to appreciate His beautiful creation as different from the apparent garbage that also serves the purpose of comparison!

Nice pix!

Best wishes.

Dalulla said...

Hey leandra, How are u? It has been such a long time.. well I was the one awaym but i missed u.. When i saw your picture taken on a feluka here in Egypt I felt so bad i missed your visit! Oh i wished we could hve been able to meet! I hope u did enjoy ur stay here!

Living Away said...

dear dalulla...
i'll come back to egypt for sure and we will have a great time!
i hope you are ok dear!
i really miss you too, it's so nice to have you back!

kiss on your heart!