February 16, 2008

The People from Taiwan

Tonight I went to Ikea and Carrefour in a mission to return some merchandises that didn't work/fit properly. Each day I got more impress with the Taiwan's people.
They are so gentle and nice and living in Switzerland puts in a hold the feeling of being well treat gratuity. I'm really amazed by the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the country.

So, I don't speak any Mandarin. Every single time I need to ask something I need to be on the mercy of someone and so far I have found always someone to help me out with a huge smile on her/his face. And today it wasn't different.

At the Ikea's costumer service the amiable woman who attended me didn't know what "delivery" meant, when I asked her if the store had this kind of service here.
As it wasn't something I was very into in that moment I let it go, but a very nice gentleman even without me asking him for help, he just translated "delivery" to her and I could get the answer I was looking for.
So, after I was done with my errand, I met him again and he introduced me to his daughter who is very cute, charming and has a great smile.
We talked about traveling, life abroad, weather and about Taiwan. Also we exchanged emails and even a pic was taken.

Thanks Christine and Mr Sa-Tang for the nice chat!

I left Ikea and I went to Carrefour and I encountered the very same great hospitality and I was assisted greatly!
The attendant from the costumer service didn't speak any English, but she called a co-worker and he literally ran to help me out. We had a little communication problem, but nothing that could impede me to return the drier.

Everything was done fast and the best part, with no mad faces on me as I was used to back there. The woman who gave me the money back, the guy who ran to help with the conversation and the guy who took the merchandise out...all of them were very polite, very agreeable!

It's very nice to be in a place where people look at your eyes to talk to you without any fear, where people touch you without saying they are sorry for that, where people are kind by heart!

Tomorrow, or today...it's day's light outside already...I'll go to the south of Taiwan, more specifically to Tainan!
According to the weather forecast, there will be sun over there, a clear sky and the temperature will be around 21 degrees, Celsius!
I do hope from the bottom of my heart that this prevision is completely right!

No comments: