January 25, 2008

Silence

I'm looking at this empty space for long time, and tears coming out of heart...

Today my sil and my brother went to the hospital to endure a ultra sound to check on the baby! They were thrilled! For the first time they would listen to their baby's heart, but instead of the heart beatings a silence, a cruel silence.
The fetus was dead.

They still don't know what happened!

We are tremendously sad, my mom is inconsolable poor thing. On January 1st, this year, when she buried her sister-in-law she thought that the time of death was arrived in our family! She told me that and I could feel the bleakness in her voice. After too many losses in our family she had hope again...a newborn!

Life is always surprising us!

Even though Marly just found out about her pregnancy 2 days ago, she was in her 7th week already, what means that I was in Brasil when she got pregnant.

Ma, I love you so much! I know how strong you are but my lap is aways available for you to rest your head on it. You have taught me so much along those years! Thank you darling for being the woman you are!

My little brother, I love you more than life itself! You must be playing the strong guy as you always do, but we know how you are suffering with all that. You know...just call my name and I'll be there for you!

How come we can love a creature that much if just 2 days ago we even didn't know her/his existence!!??

8 comments:

Noblese said...

Dear Leandra
I am speachless after reading your post. What can I say ... may God grant you and the family patience and strength. It is for sure hard for the parents. May God be with them.
Take care

Analog Girl said...

Nem sei o que dizer. Fico muito triste com esta notícia, mas espero que o seu irmão e cunhada consigam ultrapassar este momento de dor. E toda a família, claro. Espero que encontrem paz de espírito muito em breve.

Beijo grande*

dusk till dawn said...

Meu Amigo Leandra
i do not know what to say ,or write, a part of all my thoughts goes to u and all ur family,
its hard to think, but we can not control our destiny ,god give u strenght and hope
take care

Living Away said...

thank you so much for all your support!

dear noblese! thank you dear for your kind words!

oi jo! minha cunhada esta melhor, depois de muito conversar com a medica dela. o meu irmao e fechado e nao fala muito sobre sentimento como quase todos os homens, mas ele e extremamente carinhoso e esta cuidando bem da esposa.
muito obrigada querida! voce e um anjo bom que apareceu na minah vida!
beijos!


querido amigo dusk!
you are so right, we can't control our destiny at all and we must accept what is reserved for us...
thank you so much for being so supportive!

wayfarer said...

so sad. you begin to love that little person so much once you know they are there. My heart goes out to your family...

celestialmtn said...

Being a mother, I know now how sad it is to lose a fetus. No matter how little, it was a still a life, and it should still be grieved. I am so sorry, Leandra, for you and your family. ♥

Nova

Anglo-Libyan said...

dear Leandra,
I just read your post now as I was a bit busy, I am so sorry for your family's loss and I hope inshaAllah that this is the end of bad news for all of you.

Living Away said...

wayfarer, you are so right! we knew about his/her existence and immediately we started loving that human being so much...
thank you!

dear nova!
thank you darling for your support! right now, 5:28PM in brasil, my sister-in-law is taking the fetus out and it's the birthday of my brother, her husband! so, they are having a hard time there for sure once again!
i miss you!

dear anglo, you are always so present, don't worry!
i make mine your words: i do hope that this is the end of bad news in my family!
thank you so much for everything!