January 9, 2008

Exploring Around

The charming Old Street of Yingge

There I go...
I'm like a bird I like to fly away
...

Local delicatessen, I forgot the name...

When I came back, the children were gone...
It was so cute, all 5 wheel were busy! I missed the
shot!

Colleges students doing some research!

What a suffering my God!
And that was the first store I stopped by!


Sunday I went to Yingge, a small village very near the city I'm living at. It's very famous over here by its pottery. Well I really love pottery and I'm seriously thinking about throwing a Greek party on my apartment to break all plate I got at IKEA and this way I can come back to Yingge and get those wonderful tableware that got personality! By the way, they are cheaper than from the Swede store! I can't forgive myself!!

You know a place where you feel that the people are especial? Well, one of those places is this community that have a great love for molding pots by their hands and that proudly they are passing it from generation to generation!

Even though their work is astonishing, I could notice that they don't follow a line of design!
I was told that it’s extremely hard to tell the specific characteristics of Yingge pottery. Usually experts in this area can tell from where and even when a object was made just looking at its shapes, colors and design and it doesn't happen with the still beautiful pottery from this township!

This place became the pottery city due to the large industrial stacks that, in a not so good way, liberated a great amount of smoke and dust. Those industrial residues were everywhere and become very muddy after rain seasons on the banks of the Dahan River where the city is settled. So, the prima materia was available in abundance!

I guess that the natives were born already knowing how to mold. I notice many kids playing with clay or already doing their pots on the Old Street that is a charming narrow path with many small stores and very nice cafes and restaurants!

I loved everything over there! It was a great day! Of course I got some pieces myself as tea pot, bowls, cafe cups and so on... and I'll be back do get new tableware as soon as I throw the Greek party!
I loved the pottery, the atmosphere of the place, the explanations I got from the people...the people...they are the key to the success of this city! They are so warm and always smiling to everyone!
And for me the most important: they talk looking at people's eye, they are not afraid to the contact as I (didn't) experimented in Switzerland. In an antique store where I got a phenomenal jade's dragon, I was invited to have dinner with the owner and its family! I couldn't accept in that Sunday, but I'll be back folks! Thank you so much for the hospitality!

They say over here that Yingge pottery is very close to people and that it carries out art in every single part of daily life. No doubt about it!


8 comments:

dusk till dawn said...

hello
how nice to see u out and enjoying ur self . the place looks realy beautiful , and full of resh air, ur smiling it means ur relaxing ha ha ,
abt the breaking plates the first time i saw it in Greece i thought it was going to be a fight going to kick off, what a fun
enjoy ur life to the full

Anglo-Libyan said...

I really like the first picture with the palm tree lined street.

I agree with DTD, you do look like you are having a great time, I hope it continues.

enjoy your Greek party but keep the new pottery well hidden :o)

Living Away said...

hey dusk!!

thank you so much for being so supportive! it was really a great day and about me smiling...well i always do, even when i'm very broken heart! i learned that a smile can fix many things and besides, everybody smiles in the same language!!
i love the greek way of life, they are very powerful in everything! i'm seriously thinking about a greek party! wanna joy?


anglo... if you saw how many pottery i got...i need to have a greek party first and then another trip to yingge!

i really had a great time. i love direct contact with people, eye-to-eye while talking and the taiwaneses are not afraid of that!

JC said...

Received on the Internet -
Symptoms of Inner Peace:
...a tendency to think and act deliberately , rather than from fears based on past experiences.
...an unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
...a loss of interest in judging others.
...a loss of interest in judging self.
...a loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
...a loss of ability to worry.
...a loss of interest in conflict.
...frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
...contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
...frequent attacks of smiling through the heart.
...increasing suceptibility to kindness offered , and uncontrollable urge to reciprocate.
...an increasing tendency to allow things to unfold rather than resisting and manipulating.

Hiba said...

oh,dear u still so cute as befor..
i really liked ur Pictuers.
and i loved ur Smile.
so,smile Every times.

:)

wayfarer said...

oh how i would like to walk down those streets!

Mrs Dynamite aka Lorena +Wonder Women... said...

Its is always nice to travel and see diferent things! enjoy !

Living Away said...

dear jc...

i'm very happy with your comment, well i'm always happy with your comments! it seems that i'm in the right way! i do need to work on many things to get my inner peace, but i'm very confident that i'll reach it soon especially with your help!

dear hibo,
if there is something i do know how to do is smiling! i smile always doesn't matter how hurt i'm, how nostalgic i'm, how homesick i'm. smiling keeps me on track!
thank you so much for your kind words my dear friend!

wayfarer, it's a very nice town and this street holds so much history and culture. it's a very nice walk!

i do agree lorena, and i'm doing my best! :)

thank you guys for stopping by!