I’m in Taiwan already or finally…I don’t know! I’m mean, I’ve arrived last Friday but to be honest I have no idea when was that. I have a weird sensation that time doesn’t belong to me if it one day belonged…
What is going on is that after a 46 hours trip, 26 of them inside an airplane, plus a 10 hours jetlag, I got very dizzy! I’m completely out of myself still. No, really!! My body is suffering much and it is having a very good memory about this trip. I mean, it can’t relax! I slept all Saturday long and I have being on bed quite a while and it keeps feeling the total discomfort of airports and airplanes sits.
As it were not enough I got very sick in Brasil 2 days before my expedition. I got so sick that I needed to postpone my trip in one day. Marly, my sister-in-law, and I ate popcorn watching Harry Potter and for our luck it was expired in one month and we didn’t see that. It caused a massive disorder and discomfort in our intestines and stomachs. We puked a lot and we also went many times to toilet all day and night long intensely, letting us extremely weak.
So, fortunately I woke up better in the second day of my frailty and it was possible to travel without much trouble. Of course my journey was not so comfortable but at the end I managed it to be supportable!
Here in Taiwan I got hit by jetlag and according to NASA, it’s necessary a day of recovery for every time zone you crossed to get back in shape. This means that I’ll be in this exhaust mode for a little longer than I thought. And of course I’m struggling with all the symptoms as exhaustion, headache, and dehydration (dry eyes, throat, nose, even skin), disorientation, anxiety, indigestion and even impaired coordination! The disorientation is the worst one. My body still doesn’t have any idea if I want to have dinner or breakfast, if I need to sleep or to be awake and so on!!
Well, I must confess that it is a little funny if it wasn’t tragic, but at least I have time to recover since I’ll be here for some weeks and then I could enjoy the country in all its plenitude!
Last update…yesterday I slept all night long and half part of the day and I’m going to complete 24 hours without even a nap! I’m feeling tired, very tired. It’s taking too long to get used to time here. Jetlag is playing hard on me!!
Well with all this going on, I still didn’t go to many places and besides the place where I’m, Jungli - Jun-g-li- is not a touristic city, in fact it’s a very industrial one. But what I have seen so far I noticed how different it is from the west even with all the effort to "occidentalize" it.
What called my attention is the high number of 7/11 around here, almost every corner there is one! Last night I was watching a Taiwanese movie, English subtitle of course, and it was about an unplanned kidnap. When one of the criminals got home, the big boss asked him where he got the lady and he said “at 7/11!”
See how popular it’s over here?














No comments:
Post a Comment