August 26, 2007

Old friends, new emotions

My 1st grade classmates, at Arthur Bernades Elementary School

Today I woke up very nostalgic…I’m a nostalgic woman in normal conditions but today it hit me strongly!
For few months my friend Marli and I were looking at Orkut trying to find ours former boyfriends, friends and the boys we had a crush on, when we were teenagers or a little younger!

We have spent many nights looking at every single picture and we were very lucky!!! We have found so far several friends and this searching into the past is provoking many different emotions and reactions, going from smiles to tears! Having the possibility of sharing those emotions with my dear friend Marli has helped me out to know me a little better, to understand my reactions today of facts that happened that time and I hadn’t realized or digested them until now!

So, one of the boys I was crazy to see was Alexandre. We were school’s best friends, studying in the same class from kindergarten to 5th grade! He was sooooooo handsome! He had a long blond hair and his bangs were always covering on of his green eyes! He was one of the few boys in my school that had style! We were always together, switching places to play with each ones hair all year long!

For long time I haven’t seen him! I moved out of my hometown when I was in my last year of high school, and he moved out in his 1st year to different cities, different states. Since then we lost contact but thanks to the saint Orkut I could, at least, see him again!!!

I cried when I saw his picture. I found him, I mean, Marli found him at his nephew’s page but she didn’t recognize him! As soon as she told me that she could have find a clue regarding to my dear friend I got very excite! So, she sent me the link, I opened it with my heart in my hands as anxious I was… to see his nephew and his family, I froze up!!

It’s so funny how emotions change our respiration speed!

When I opened the link and I looked at the central picture I knew for sure it was him. I didn’t forget that green eyes and I noticed that I could recognize him anywhere in the world if he passed near me!

Oh my God, my dear friend!! I looked at him with my eyes full of tears and a movie of my life started on the screen of my mind!
So many things I was living in that minute…the day our class won the football game, my first bike, the day my father went to school to take me out of class to try a new product that just arrived at city and I ate my first ever yogurt, the day I won the dance contest or even how nervous I was in my very first lecture test applied by the principal of the school, my dog’s t-shirt, the homemade food at the cafeteria, Mrs. Lourdinha our first teacher…

When I could stop my emotions to run my heart and I could see him with bare eyes I got in shock! Huge shock!
Well, firstly Marli and I thought that he was sick or something! Let me say that he is not in his best form and his hair lost the blondness and the length that I liked so very much… in my mind, he would have that beautiful hair forever!

So, today I opened my “traveling in time box” and I’m looking at pictures, listening to songs from my childhood and teenager years! It’s great!!
I’m having a wonderful time. I feel as I were living in Tupaciguara, at 13 of May street, listening to the local radio station, Rádio Rural de Tupaciguara - 1 050 KHz, with the locutions of Sebastião Selmer announcing the programming and its sponsors. I can feel the atmosphere clearly because in my heart it happened only few years ago!

The songs… each song I’m listening to today I got an “aaaaahhhhhh” from the bottom of my heart. It’s really a jubilation of a wonderful time!

Time pasted, Alexandre has no blond hair anymore…I, myself, I’m not blond anymore either but I can feel I’m the same 7 years old girl that is in the picture above. I’m so glad for finding that out!! This feeling makes my eyes sparkle for seeing the first flowers of spring, makes me cry for pure emotion after seeing a work of art I love, makes my heartbeat increases in anticipation when the airplane lands in Brasil...that little girl taught me not to hold any emotion letting it goes out freely...

I really want to talk to him; I really want to know how life treated him all those years! I may go to Brasil after I settle in France and I already asked his cousin for his phone number/email!

I can wait to give him a hug!

No comments: