July 13, 2007

Kyoto and the USA




From1993 to 2001 Al Gore was vice-president of the USA and the Kyoto Protocol was firstly opened for signature in December of 1997! That means that he was in charge that time, he had some power, he had voice at least and he didn’t do anything to force the USA to sign it and now he is playing the “green savior” of the world!

I think he will run for the president of the world soon!

What is the Kyoto Protocol? Basically it’s an agreement made and signed by 166 countries already committing to reduce their emissions of carbon dioxide
!
The USA is one of the biggest polluents in the world and didn’t sign the protocol in 1997 and repeated the same huge mistake in its second called that was in february of 2005! It missed a beautiful chance to act instead of speaking!
Well, at least it was a coherent behaviour of this country and its governments!

By the way, talking about the USA and its governments, I watched a very funny speech yesterday by the master Mr. Bush! He said:
"I guess I'm like any other political figure. Everybody wants to be loved - just sometimes the decisions you make and the consequences don't enable you to be loved."
Bush wants to be loved! Poor little president... I didn’t wait for that!

As it wasn’t enough for one speech, he even said this:
"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq,' he said, 'were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th, and that's why what happens in Iraq matters to the security here at home.'"
For me, it sounds like a self-confession!

6 comments:

programmer craig said...

I'm just a woman trying to find the beauty of life again.

It seems like you are trying to find enemies, to me. Just an observation.

I clicked on your comment about the HIV infected children on AngloLibyan's blog because it seemed so hostile, and I got to this America bashing rant, first thing.

You'll never find any beauty in life if you spend all of your time condemning.

Living Away said...

thank you for stopping by dear programmer craig!

Anonymous said...

PC seems kind of like he has his panties in a bunch. Well! I agree. I really wish we'd do something about our pollution. I'm trying as hard as I can right now to teach my husband about recycling, trash, and composting.. it's getting there! My accord (1992, ha!) gets about 35miles per gallon so I'm actually pretty high on the gas mileage.. and emmisions... but... we'll have to get a second vehicle soom (no public transport here.. ) and he keeps wanting an SUV. I keep saying No.

Living Away said...

Hey Julianna!!

I recycled my trash since 1993 and I feel it’s just my obligation with the blue planet! And since I was a child my father taught us how to do basic tasks without wasting water, electricity and so on!

I wish you good luck with your "student"!It isn’t an easy job trying to make people responsible for the environment...I have walked on your shoes!

You know, there is a research in Brasil saying that around 70% of the women are responsable for choosing the car model!! Go for it!

programmer craig said...

PC seems kind of like he has his panties in a bunch.

I would argue that it's Leandra who has her "panties in a bunch" - either that or she needs to change her medications, because they aren't working. Her behavior doesn't even come close to what she tries to present herself as. I've never seen her say anything nice about anything without saying something malicious about something else in the same breath.

Did you see what she has said about the Libyan HIV cases and the horrors those nurses were put through? I can't believe she expects anybody to believe she is a humanitarian. Do you think we weer born yesterday, Leandra?

Who cares about global warming, the planet is doomed when we are producing specimens like you.

Anonymous said...

Great work.