July 20, 2007

Tragedy in Brasil!

Scenes of the tragedy

On Tuesday, an airplane carrying 186 people crashed at Sao Paulo's Congonhas airport after failing to brake in time upon landing. It went through a busy avenue, collided into a fuel depot killing approximately 20 more people.

I was reading the list with the names of the victims of this sad tragedy and I recognized 2 names that could be my friends. I have no courage to call someone to ask about it and I’m waiting for more information about them on the newspapers.

I hope that those 2 names I recognized are only homonymous…not my friends!
Brasil has declared three days of national mourning!

My deepest thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families!

Scenes of the tragedy

3 comments:

Elena Martínez Blanco said...

Leandra, I hope your friends are safe and they were not on that plane, but even if it is hard, I would suggest you call to find out, the faster you know the less it will hurt your heart not to know nothing and keep wondering if it was them or not...

Anglo-Libyan said...

I have been following the news about this tragedy, I did think about you and prayed that all your loved ones are safe.

let us know please that your friends are safe.

Living Away said...

dear elena!
i miss reading your blog!
thank god, our friends are well and those names on the list are just homonymous!
i don't like speculation at all, but in this case i didn't call the families to preserve them, in case the victims were my friends!

thank you dear anglo!
it's a very sad tragedy!
thank you so much for your prayers. you are very sweet!