April 7, 2007

Wise nature

"Royalty" by me

I went out yesterday and in a course I usually spend about 10 minutes to do it, took me endless 45 minutes because of a very full traffic jam. During those approximately 45 minutes I kept listening to the same song over and over and I could notice a tear coming from my eye.
It was a typical Swiss day…gray sky, less than 10 degrees Celsius…

All my attention was only at the traffic jam and I was very anxious to get to my destination…between one tear and other, I looked around and I noticed that every single tree along the way was trying hard to get out of the winter that insists in live here! All those many trees dressing up to a spring party, and winter holding them back…not fair

Not fair, but it came to me as a huge metaphor. I looked at those trees and they seemed to me as huge survivors, fighting hard to their reborn. Those very little sprouts were struggle for life and they were throwing this on my face, they were screaming life to my face for sure in that gray and cold Swiss day!

It was a very weird sensation, but it was exactly like that that I felt… nature teaching a lesson once again.



"Waiting" by me


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, i really know what you mean here!! i feel the same way about the winter, and i've never before taken the time to notice the buds...even nature at all. but like them, i'm ready to pop for spring and warm weather. lovely post and the first photo is great

Living Away said...

i'm so ready for warmer days!! yesterday i was in the same route and i noticed that nature already popped. everything is so fresh green...it is like having the emotions and hopes revitalized and renovated!

thank you for your comment jessica.