February 1, 2007

My little boy!

Marcelo, my little brother


30 of January 1980, 23 hours and something…was born the most important creature of my life, my “little” brother Marcelo!
Everybody new that that boy was special, I just didn’t know that he could save lives as he saved mine.
On this day, 26 years ago, my father came from the hospital to our house screaming his lungs out that his son was born and his car horn didn’t stop working even for one second. Of course that Tupaciguara, my hometown, woke up knowing that a beautiful blond boy came to this blue planet.


I remember the first time I saw him…oh God, I cried my heart out! He was so tiny, so beautiful and so powerful. But I must confess something here. I was waiting for a girl and when my mother went to the hospital to delivery him, I started writing on his baby arrival announcement’s card the name I had chose: girl’s name. Sorry “Amor da Minha Vida”!

Anyway…I was very blissful with his arrival. Just after my mom declared that she was pregnant I started knitting little cute shoes, cardigans, caps, and one blanket! I knitted in fine wool and also in silk’s line because even though the cutest baby ever arrived in summer time, I knitted in both ways to make him as comfortable as possible.

This little boy fulfilled our house with happiness and we all were around him all the time.
My father was on the top of the world with his son and Marcelo’s 3 first months of life was a huge adventure with our father.
My father enjoyed his little babe, as he knew that he must leave us soon.
Marcelo was less than 4 months old when our father passed way and my babe’s crying is still fresh in my mind. It was the sadder crying I ever heard in my life.

Marcelo grew up, and today he is a man in every single sense of this word and I’m happy for being able to participate in almost all big moments of his life. I missed many of them, but he knows that I was there mentally, spiritually and “phonelly”.
We are very close friends and he became my father as huge is his sense of responsibility. Uru, thank you so much for waking at 4 AM, get out of your warm bed to help me getting out of my troubles once again!

I have a very very deep admiration and respect for this guy. He always found his way in life, working hard from Sunday to Sunday!
He’s a geographer, a successful businessman, got married to a wonderful woman, he is friendly, humanitarian, honest and extremely loyal. He is a very funny guy, sharp humor with a wonderful inventive mind.
Since childhood he has showed a strong undependable character and a great confidence in his own thoughts what I envy him a lot for!Marcelo does everything to see people around him improving their lives and for me it is what I admire him the most!

He means the universe and a little more for me! He is my hero, my everything!

Urubu, when I grow up I wanna be just like you!




Urubu and me last month

Urubu and Marly, his wife

Urubu and Leandro, our nephew and his godson

Urubu, 2 years old

My little boy, 7 years old

Marcelo and the 2 women of his life

MM Tintas, Marcelo's business and house

Marcelo and his 2 nieces

Marcelo in his office with his son, Caco

Family moment

Missing childhood
Marcelo, 1 year old


7 comments:

que sera sera said...

Lovely family pictures. Thanks for sharing :)

Analog Girl said...

Ai que linda homenagem. Até me espreitaram umas lágrimazinhas no canto do olho...
O seu irmão parece ser uma pessoa verdadeiramente admirável. O que não me surpreende, pois consigo ver que a sua família é muito unida e especial.

Eu sinto o mesmo pela minha irmã. Senti-a como uma benção desde o dia em que nasceu e somos inseparáveis.

Tudo de bom para vocês todos!
Beijo grande no coração**

Living Away said...

dear que sera sera, thank you!!
this guy means the universe to me!!!

analog querida!!
voce e realmente uma alma iluminada!
voce ja percebeu que no caminho que nos duas percorremos existem mais ou menos as mesmas pedras e as mesmas flores?
muito obrigada pelo seu carinho e voce esta certissima, meu irmao e verdadeiramente admiravel!

beijo enorme!

Anglo-Libyan said...

thats what sisters are for :o)

Baraka said...

Wonderful photos!

I've always wanted a brother...though I am lucky to have two lovely younger sisters.

Anonymous said...

Mineirinho,

Wow! What a beautiful photos. Thanks a lot for sharing these special moments with us.

Living Away said...

dear anglo!!! so, i'm doing a really great job!!

baraka i'm the oldest one and i have two brothers. now i say that i have two sister because my sister-in-laws are real sisters for me. one of them even use my pretty new dress before me and without asking for! and worst...the dress looked great on her!!!

mineirinho...you are always welcome!