December 24, 2006

I'm back

I’m back home!
Last night, after a long and disturbed trip, I couldn’t hold the tears that were coming out of my eyes as soon as I put my feet on Swiss soil. Oh God, this country has a terrible influence on my humor!!!

I left my hometown at 6 PM, on Wednesday, in a typical summer heavy raining day and I arrived in São Paulo behind schedule. There I lost my flight to Amsterdam and I needed to sleep one more night in Brasil what I really enjoyed, to say the true. On Thursday I left Brasil on 8:45 PM, arriving in Amsterdam around noon. I asked KLM’s employee to keep my previous reservation, what was a flight directly to Zurich but she said she couldn’t do it because luggage in general can’t travel alone for security reasons.
Coincidence…the cell phone just rang and it was my luggage being delivery at 10:44 PM on Saturday, what is possible to conclude that luggage travels alone for sure. They just arrived in Zurich this morning and 2 of my bags are damage. Poor bags... they spent all night alone and some airport hall!!!!

Anyway, from Amsterdam I flew to Paris and then to Zurich. In Zurich I took a train to Baden and subsequently a bus… seeing the city I live by the window and listening to the silence of this country and its people, made me realize one more time how boring and sad is my life here!!
I’m not just complaining with empty reasons… oh God…I just came from Brasil and it is not something that could not affect me!! It isn’t just because Brasil is my country, but because of Brasil itself. It’s an alive, colorful, musical and enjoyable place even to do domestic and/or routinist things.
I know it isn’t fair to compare Switzerland with Brasil….I have done it already!!

So, I’m back home! I had a lot of fun, I got 2 kgs fatter, I played a lot with my nephew and my niece, I spent a lot of time with my family, specially with my youngest brother and his wife, a took around 2000 pictures, I visited many friends and unfortunately I didn’t have time to visit many more, I had a medical check up and everything is very fine with me, I had massage, manicure and pedicure every week, I went shopping and I bought 9 pair of shoes, a bag, 8 strapless dresses, and shirts, and paints…. Also I dyed my hair in many red and violet mèches. I loved the effect!

But the best thing I got to myself was my tattoo. I spent a lot of years thinking about having a tattoo. After I decided it, I spent a lot of time to find “the” best spot to do it and then I thought a lot about if I was determined enough to support the pain. The most difficult of all, was about the drawing. I wanted an exclusive one, just made for me and I got it this year.
The result? I have the most beautiful tattoo and I’m so happy with my decision! It was more than worth! I’ll post some pics then!!

Now, I’ll go unpack my bags and fill a report up about damage luggage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back! I'm also glad you enjoyed a trip home to visit your family. It's most important to keep connections with our roots.

Anonymous said...

Did I mention I have two small tatoos too? But I can't post pictures of them, because they are in places I normally conceal from the eyes of strangers. Hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

welcome back and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with your family. what a long journey??
Happy Christmas to you & your family.