November 14, 2006

Nothing Day

I really want a Mary Richards day. Maybe I can take a nothing day like today and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile. I wish...
Today was/is a real nothing day. I do have tons of things to do, but as the German rock band
Rammstein says "Ich habe keine lust" what could be translate, as I don't feel like it!!
I didn’t do anything today besides baked a cake, making the bed, folder the towels, put out and in some dishes in the dishwasher, mopping around but not a serious mopping...I planned to go out, but as I said…keine lust!!!

I have so many things to do before go to Brasil, but I’m stuck, completely stuck!
I need to find courage anywhere at least do finish some tasks as :
-Finish my gift shopping’s list
-Make my what-to-pack list
-Iron what I washed on Friday
-Finish my fall-winter closet cleaning
-Take all the recycle trash to its proper bin
-Take all the used clothes to Red Cross donatation's bin
-Go to Besançon
-Do a lot of written
-Do a lot of reading
-Pack my suitcase
-Repair some clothes
-Cleaning my summer shoes and bags storage them

It seems that was yesterday that I transferred the summer clothes to my storage and took the winter ones to my closet. Well, I wish it were a closed. It is the old fashion wardrobe.
Talking about clothes, I’m in a middle of a clothes dilemma, since is summer time in Brasil. Before the storage moment, I need to select what I’m gonna take and what I’m gonna storage to next year. It sounds so silly and futile I know…but I have many different compromises to go over there such as graduation party, visit family at country side, rock concert, art exhibition, cocktail, happy hours, farewell party, and so on…

Every time I need to pack to go to the big home, I use to take a lot less than I’ll need. It isn’t an excuse to go shopping whatsoever for the reason that I don’t like it at all, especially in Brasil where almost every single store has the same style outfits and they are worn by some heroins in some soap opera. I don’t dress myself with fashion items for many reasons and it is a nightmare for the sellers there since they don’t get how come a woman don’t like shopping or even worse, how come a woman don't like shopping for fashion clothes?!
I’m sorry in advance for the hard time girls and boys. I wear what I like and in the way I like what really drives my fashionista sister-in-law crazy.

Anyway, my suitcase goes full and at the limit weight permitted by the airline companies. I use to take a lot of chocolate and gifts for my family, relatives and friends. Sometime I take even cheeses, many kinds of them. Since I’m going next to Christmas time, I must buy 2 gifts for some of my family because I know they will complain about it. Everybody in my family loves to exchange gifts and we don’t need any special dates for that what I think it's very cool!

I use to manage well what to take in my trips, except when I travel in my car. That’s the only way I over packed. Some friends even say that my suitcase looks like a male and not a female one, how compact and rational it is.

So, with all those many things to do, I spent the day… Oh my God, it’s another day already!!!! Now it’s official, I spent the entire day without doing anything, without producing absolutely anything.
Tomorrow, I mean, today I need to get out of my precious bed in a very good mood, thinking that I can have a Mary Richards day!


No comments: