November 17, 2006

Congratulations!!

I can’t believe I missed my own blog anniversary!!!
I had 16th stuck on my mind because of the counter, but I forget that I started blogging some days before I installed it! I was November 8th!!
How ingrate I’m!!!

My life changed drastically since I started blogging!
As I said in my firsts posts, I had lost myself completely and it put me in a deep depression. I always have a life on my own and being just a shadow was hurting and hurting deeply.
Even though I felt very incommoded with the way I was conducing my life or the way I let my life conducing myself, I wasn’t doing much to change it.
Well, for someone used to be called “opinion forming”, I got very far in my own abyss.

Blogging became my salvation. I could speak up again!
I remember the first comment I got. It was from Nova, a very sweet woman from the USA… I posted and I went to take a shower and when I came back, about 30 minutes later, it was there, someone had read my first post and commented it.
I cried all night long. I felt what I hadn’t felt for many years…I exist! I’m alive! I speak and someone listening and speak back! I’m communicating again!
It was huge for me, huge!!!
November 8th! That night was crucial to my reborn. In that night I took the first steps to come back to what I had left behind. Nova, thank you very much!

I remember now…my dear friend Natália came to my house after approximately 10 years of a very stupid misunderstanding that made us apart. She spent the weekend here with me and she got something in her look that was making me not comfortable at all. One moment she looked directly into my eyes and she said: Le, what happened to you? Where is that vital and vibrant Leandra that I met long ago?
“I don’t know, I don’t know!”
That was my answer to her. She hugged me tied and I couldn’t even cry how sad was the situation I got myself in.
The day she was leaving, I took her to the train station and when the train started moving, she put her head out the window and she said: “Start, you must star writing again. Write about anything you want to and one day you will have a surprise! You will come back, my dear friend!”
Right again, my dear witch!!

After that day, I didn’t think much about what she had said because I had no hope whatsoever. I really thought that I had died and I had no right to live again. I was down that I didn’t find any meaning in waking up every day anymore. I had lost the map where I could find some directions to come back to what I was, to what I had been!

One day, surfing for some information about Libya, I found a special website where I could see the information I was looking for. I was looking for real life report and not for politic views since I knew that already.
Anyway, after I read Ajdabiya.com
I contacted the Webmaster to thank and to congratulate him to his work. So, Youcef, the site owner, answered me very politely and after changing some e-mails he introduced me to the world of blogs, which I had no idea about it.
Yeah, I was living in a very dark cave and it unfortunately wasn’t Plato’s!

So, this gentle man sent me a link to Mrs. Khadija Teri’s blog explaining that I could find more about daily life in Libya there.
I read her blog and I kept jumping from link to link to link to link...
This way I was introduced to a new world and after some weeks of complete immerse in a blog-sphere I started thinking about having my own blog. It could be the chance I was looking for to prove to myself that I was alive!!

The confidence I always had on Natália’s feeling and premonitions, joined my desires and blogging definitely became the way to realize what she had said to me…
One year passed and a lot of changes occurred!
I didn’t rescue myself completely yet, but I’m almost there.
I had a clue that blogging could be essential for my recovering process and I don’t know how, but I was right.


Well, I’m a little late but…
Happy first anniversary my dear blog! I wish you a very long life!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Yes, it is a good pastime as well as a means to keep the brain cells active. I, however, preferred to write my thoughts, as a 'seeker', as comments - regularly for over 20 months now...

KhadijaTeri said...

Wishing you the best for your anniversary! Keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

Mabrouk and that was nice to read, very personal and very encouraging to a lot of people. I like your blog and check it everyday and read everything even if I dont comment on everything I still enjoy it and find your interest in Libya and Libyans very uplifting plus I learnt a lot about Brasil from you.
congratulations and many many happy returns.

Living Away said...

JC, in this dark period I kept my brain cells active with my books. I tried to paint but the empty canvas still scare me as never before.
Good methaphor don't you think?

Dear Khadija Teri!
Thank you very much and I'll keep blogging for sure.
I appreciate your visit!

Deat Anglolibyan...
Shukran!
I have learning a lot with your blog and also I'm honor with your visits!
Thank you so much for your kindness and for your words.
They mean a lot to me!!

Anonymous said...

grand congratulations to you!!!

similarly i started my blog to be more positive about stuff that was bringing me down- and it worked for me too! :)

btw- love all the pictures you post!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the the anniversary. Good to hear that you found the way out. Keep on blogging.

Salaam (peace)

Desert Rose said...

Yes blogging has helped me in many ways , especialy when I have many things on my mind.
Putting thoughts to paper has clarified a lot,of expectations and helped me focus more on writing about awareness programmes,which my country is in great need of.
Happy Anniversary !

Living Away said...

Hey, Ale!!
Thanks for your visit. For me, the magic about blogging is that I feel comfortable writing about my feeling than I do talking about them. It is really is working for me!
Best wishes!!


Dear Hamze!!
I really appreciate your sweet words! Thanks for stopping by!

Thank you Trabilsia!
Blogging has worked for me in a way it has worked for you! It's great!
Here I can organize my feelings and expectations as I never did before!

I can't forget about the friends I make here.
You guys have became part of my life!

Analog Girl said...

PARABÉNS de novo. Ver o blog a desenvolver-se é uma esperiência extraordinária, sentir que os nossos pensamentos ecoam por outras pessoas, que fazemos novos amigos, que conquistamos terreno...
O meu blog também se torna uma parte integrante de mim, também me completa e ajuda.
Fico feliz por si!

beijo grande!