October 17, 2006

Time

My bedroom window
I just realized that for me there is no difference between business days to weekends anymore. They are just days, very fast days. Many times I got lost trying to figure out which day I'm in!
I got amazed by how fast they are coming and going, seeming that we can touch the future as never before!

Here in Switzerland this sensation is even more evident because it has the 4 seasons very defined, differently of Brasil. Well, at least in the region I was born.
So, after being some weeks out because of traveling and some weeks in because of flu, reading and laziness I went out today and for my surprise fall is here.

I do love this season!
I love the colors of the leaves and also the color of the branches in this time of the year. It has a beautiful contrast and I'm a woman of contrasts for sure. But what really impress me is the sidewalks complete full of the leaves; leaves that couldn't resist anymore to stay glued on the trees and take a chance to get their on way even knowing that they have no chance at all to survive by themselves. I adore this metaphor!

Fall time has a lot of meaning for me, but its reality really scary me also. Knowing for sure that winter will come soon and very cold days are almost knocking my door is something that I can't put on hold. It will happen, I’m liking it or not! I’m Brazilian and from a place that wintertime is glacial reaching about 20 degrees Celsius.
I love sunny and bright days and the effect it has on Brazilians' life! We smile more, sing more, kiss more, dance more, love more… Ai ai, sounds so alive!!!

Anyway, what I like about cold days is the contrast with sunny days, in a sense that changing, moving, recycling are things that I really appreciate! Cold days have this comfy feeling that conjoin with this being-in-motion help me organize my busy internal life almost meticulously what I like since I’m a freak organizer/cleaner.
Also I'm profoundly touched by the color palette of fall. It's possible to find deep carmine leaves and bright oranges in the same tree what makes a gray sky being far away from being a depressing sky.

Those differences make me a happy, since I love differences in any sense of this word. My huge love for my country is in someway based in its differences. There, we have people from all colors, races from many faiths…living in harmony!
Oh God, I'm lost in my thoughts again…
I was talking about time and its relativeness I guess…. Oh yeah!! The sensation of passing time that is getting stronger and stronger each day, each hour.

I'm divagating here in my feelings, looking at my hot chocolate and the reality just knock me out!
I gotta go, because tomorrow I’m going to Germany to pick my friend-sister Natália up at Frankfurt airport and take her to Stuttgart!
See, days are going so fast that tomorrow became today while I was just looking at my mug!
Is today already!

The view from my office

2 comments:

Analog Girl said...

Eu absolutamente adoro esta época do ano. Sempre adoptei esta fase do ano para me rever, para interiorizar e aprender um pouco mais. Talvez tivesse a ver com o coincidir do inicio das aulas.
E adoro chegar a casa e aquecer-me, ou secar-me da chuva e beber chocolate quente enquanto estou enrolada numa manta!
Adorava conhecer o Inverno donde vc está. Segundo as fotos, vc está num lugar lindo!
Aproveite! E mostre sempre tantas fotos quanto puder!
beijo grande**

Living Away said...

Oi Analog. Mesmo sendo uma grande amante do sol, o outono me faz muito bem e de um certo jeito me aquece tambem.
quando voce quiser visitar a Suica, minha casa esta a disposicao e meu coracao tambem.
E interessante voce falar do inicio das aulas. No Brasil nosso ano letivo acaba em novembro, entao nessa epoca do ano os alunos ficam todos malucos pra entrarem em ferias!

beijo linda!