October 31, 2006

Commemoration of Victory!

Last night, all Brasil was commemorating the re-election of president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva! People all over the country went out to demonstrate their happiness, their satisfaction and their support to Lula's next roll.
Those pics below were taken in São Paulo, biggest Brazilian city, during the festivity promoted by Lula's party, PT!


I wished I were there, physically!!



Paulista Avenue, São Paulo, Brasil

Lula receiving red carnations from his wife Marisa which were being thrown out to the population by him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has always been my dream to visit Brasil.

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

The pics are good. I can tell it means a lot to you.

Living Away said...

Hey Nova, I miss you! Did you get my e-mail?
Your dream can be a reality easily! I'm going to Brasil in about 3 weeks. If you want I can be your hostess there!

Dear Hajar, you got that right. It means a lot to me! Seeing those pics I remembered how political activist I was what brings tears to my face!