November 2, 2006

Megaron Txucarramãe!

Megaron Txucarramãe!

Megaron Txucarramãe!
This man is a real hero! Megaron Txucarramãe is a leader, cacique, of the Kayapó indigenous nations that is located in North of Brasil! He administrates a territory 3 times bigger than Belgium and he is well known outside of Brasil for the way he manages his land and his people. Megaron is one of the most important native leaders in Brasil, with outstanding performance on behalf of his people and of other Brazilian native people as well. He is very well respected and loved by the ones who are not against the indigenous cause. Resuming, he has all characteristics of a truth leader!

I would like to honor this man who organized a commission formed by Kayapó and Juruna’s nations and offered their support and their knowledge about the Amazonia forest to help Brazilians rescue team to recover the bodies victimized by the tragedy involving a Brazilian commercial airline and a private jet that resulted in a dead of 154 people last month in Brasil. Without their help, the rescue of the bodies would be much harder, since the indigenous know very well the forest, and its mysteries, sounds, shades and tricks what made all the difference!

The Kayapó leader made Brasil getting very emotional with their braveness and their initiative to start looking for the exact place where the airplane crashed. They didn’t do anything besides open the way for the rescuers, preserve the crash site, not allowing anyone unauthorized to enter. Cacique Megaron Txucarramãe remained at the site until operations are concluded and now he wants to take some relative of the people who died in the accident to the local it happened to free the spirit of them and the spirit of the forest. He believes that, this way, they can continue their way beyond death!

I love this caress with the people and with the forest…in their philosophy everything is integrated what I agree completely, mainly because I have some indigenous blood on my veins my great-grandmother belonged to the Kadiweu nation and I’m very proud of my heritage!


Thank you so much, cacique Megaron Txucarramãe!
Thank you so much Kayapó and Juruna people!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

through your blog I am finding out more and more about Brazil, a country that i have always found fasinating, I knew about this tragedy from the news here but never got any other details, thank you for that.

Living Away said...

You are very welcome, Anglolibyan.
You really put a smile on my face with your comment. Thank you!
I do love my country and I'm very proud of it.