September 29, 2006

In the summer rain


Singin' in the Rain - 1952

Today I was going to get my car to go out and I saw a beautiful scene. A man, about 60 years old was carrying a huge bouquet of wild flowers. We were in the same sidewalk, but in opposite directions what permitted me to see his physiognomy.
He had something very special in his sparkling eyes and it wasn’t just its shininess.
His eyes got something beyond happiness and dream.

I couldn’t avoid thinking about this gentleman all night long. He seemed so happy and comfortable with himself that if the weather had changed and it starting raining, I’m so sure he would start dancing.
I couldn’t figure out if he was going or coming or if the flowers were a gift to someone special to him or if he got the flowers from someone special to him. What I know is that I got myself divagating about what could make that man being in such state of grace…I guess that those flowers were to/from a new love or to an eternal love. The expression in his face didn’t come from a fraternal/amity love… Oh no!!! I’m so sure about it. He wasn’t walking, he was flying!! Flying with that silly-in-love smile in his face.
I’ll never forget those eyes!! Never!!

Ah, love, love love…
Is there any feeling more powerful than love? When we are in love we can fly instead of walking. Love can change everything, it "can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile"!

Also I think that there isn’t more beautiful gift in the world than the smile of someone we truly love!
I remember now some gifts I received already from my former boyfriends such perfumes, clothes, Teddy Bears, etc…but what really has unforgettable memories for me, besides the smiles, are simple gifts as a set of hand tools as hammer, screwdrivers, cutters, crimpier, strippers, splices that was given to me in Valentines’ Day!
I loved it very much! I love it for being unpredictable, for being simple and for being something I really liked! I’ll keep this set with me forever.

I can’t forget about my stones! I’m not talking about diamonds because I really don’t like them and I don’t like gold either. I’m talking about real stones from special places as streets, forests, beaches, etc…it is priceless for me!!

Stones, seeds, flowers or wild flowers…those kinds of gifts, without any doubt, make me very happy! Gifts like that have no special commercial days and they are unique because they really came from heart! For me, nothing is more special than a stone/seed collected by someone who is having a normal day and takes time to pick it up because was thinking about me. This is so admirable!!
I do love those simples things, in fact I love simple everything!!!

I was thinking…how fortunate is being in love. I do hope I can be in love all my life long and after it also. I do hope that I can get in my 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 100s, why not?, having the same shiny and vibrant eyes, the same silly smile and carrying a huge bouquet of flowers down the streets thinking about my special someone, just like that lucky man I saw!


And if I were fortunate enough it will be a summer day and will start raining and I’ll dance for sure, in the summer rain!!!



3 comments:

Analog Girl said...

I can't explain how this single text moved me. I would have loved to see that man. Every day people are loosing hope in life, and it seems that man you saw still has it, just like a child!
It filled my heart!
Thank you so much for that!

Living Away said...

Dear Analog Girl!
It was really a magic moment! As I said I'll never forget those eyes full of life and love!
I'm glad to know that you like this post. It means a lot to me!
Boa semana pra voce querida!!
Beijo!

que sera sera said...

:) sweet!