July 26, 2006

...in few seconds...


Today when I was coming back from the supermarket and a car hit me, just approximately 500 meters from my home. Thank God I had a very good reflex and I could avoid a very serious accident.
I didn’t get hurt, except for my arm and neck that are a little sore and stiff as a result of the strong force I gotta held on my car’s steering wheel and also because of the impact of the crash; nothing serious!


I got home and I started thinking how fragile and small we are and how things can be changed in few seconds or even less and I got scary, very scary!
Unfortunately I could experience a life change when my father passed way. He was healthy and very happy that moment, especially because my youngest brother was just born. We were a very happy family and in few seconds everything changed and until now, 26 years later, I still question myself how things would be different if that horrible day was just another ordinary day.
So, all those things were and are in my mind.

I called my family in Brasil and it was very nice having their support. First of all, I called my youngest brother who sometimes plays my father saying what I should or should not do, and I do listen to him. It was very nice to hear from him "...thank God you are a good driver!"

Almost 5 AM now, and I can’t sleep. Even thought is very hot here in Switzerland, I’m drinking a hot chocolate to feel comfy and to relax me. I took 2 Tylenol PM to help me sleep and also to help me get up tomorrow without any soreness!

Thank you angel Daniel! Thank you, God!



2 comments:

Analog Girl said...

I can relate to what you are feeling right now. I've always been the filosofical type of girl, always questioning "what if"? I recently lost my mother, to a cruel disease and I remeber very clearly that some years before she had discovered that something was wrong with her but ignored it to help my grandfather and ended this incredibly sad way. During the disease I blamed her for ignoring herself like that, but I've come to accept it. If this was meant to be or not, I can't tell, it just happened, and i can't spend my energy thinking "what if", I must save my strenght to get trough the pain and go on with my life without her.
I've learned that every single decision you take has repercussions in the future, and i always try to think, 2, 10 times to reassure myself that I'm doing the correct thing. But i don't discard the possibility of taking impulsive decisions, but only if it feels right in my heart.
Thank God you're alright. Get well soon!
Big kiss**

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're okay.