April 14, 2009

Pollution of Taiwan


Back of one of my book shelves!


This is mould! A huge culture of mold that has grown on my furniture and on my life since I got back from Nigeria and Brasil. Luck me that I'd spent almost 2 months out because believe me, it could be much worse to my lungs.

For more than 2 months, north of Taiwan doesn't have a day without rain or gray sky! I'm so tired of this!
I'm very dependable of a good weather to be in a good mood and I can tell that it hasn't being easy to cope with such situation.
Everything is moulded, everything smells badly. Doesn't matter how many times I change the anti-humid and nice aroma saches of my wardrobe and drawers, it always smells terrible.

It is a hard work to keep the house and the furniture mould free. I have lost how many times I have scrubbed the back of the furniture to take this crazy field of mould out and after 1 week it is back again and stronger.

I guess I'm allergic to it, or as I have asthma it gets worse with the smell that insists in living in my home. I keep the windows always opened but it doesn't help.

Taiwan's weather is not a funny thing at all and besides it the air is extremely polluted due the careless of the industries and government about it! Taiwan is an island but without clean beaches. All of them, in the north of the country, are extremely dirty and pollued by the industries that use the ocean as trash can! It's a pitty!

My respiratory system claims for pure air.


Back of my printer table!


5 comments:

N said...

Oh my God! I know Taiwan's pollution is very dangerous but I never encountered such a thing before. Do you use a machine that sucks up moisture in the air? I don't know if you understand what I mean, but that machine really works. I think you should call the health department to come over your house to inspect.

May I ask, why are you living in Taiwan? I think I forgot.

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Yikes!!! You'd think they'd learn to build buildings that have an air-cleaning circulation system with filters and stuff.

Living Away said...

hey bluefish!
I'm so unhappy to agree with you but what can i say...the pollution here is really dangerous and it seems that the government really doesn't care. i feel sad because taiwan is such a beautiful country.

i have a dehumidifier, but with humidity in 96%, is almost impossible to keep it up!

today a very timid sun is trying hard to keep the day warm and less humid. i hope it can do its job just right!

dear hajar!
YIKES!!
i never lived in a polluted town before, it's my first time! a building that has an air-cleaning circulation system with filters would be on top of my wish list!

♥ N o v a said...

That's crazy!!!

Tell me again, why are you in Taiwan?!?!

You need to be where it's fresh and clean and mold-free!

N said...

I can't even stand Taiwan's pollution...I feel sick and gross out.