April 4, 2009

An Evening in Taipei

Taipei Symphony Orchestra at Zhongshan Hall

This week I drove to Taipei to watch a concert . It was performed by the Taipei Symphony Orchestra at Zhongshan Hall, with the especial participation of the pianist Li-Chun Su, known as "Taiwanese Glory", even though she was raised and lives in Germany, due to her phenomenal national and international career. It was amazing!

I couldn't hold few tears while the symphonic played Rosenkavalier Suite by Strauss! It was really wonderful. I could feel the notes bringing the new spring season to the theater. Amazing performance.

The concert had 3 acts and the last 2 was performed by the pianist herself in beautiful solo presentation. The tears I got in the first act, was substituted by a crazy involuntary or voluntary will I had to laugh my lungs out.

I'll explain: Even thought the program was all set to Strauss, the pianist played Hungarian Rhapsody No 2 by Liszt as well. It was a great surprise because I love this melody so much! If you don't know or remember it, it's the melody that was "immortalized" by Tom & Jerry in the famous "The Cat Concerto" made in 1946. I won won an Oscar that year.

Every single time I watch this cartoon and I watch it a lot, it cracks me up! I just can't stop laughing!

So, when the pianist started it, immediately the image of Tom bothering Jerry's sleep came to my mind and I guarantee that it was a humongous sacrifice to not laugh good. Oh gosh! Internally I was laughing good for sure!

The theater ambient was austere, people were really paying attention and enjoying the concert. I keep asking myself what would happen if I couldn't hold my laugh. I guess I would be deported as a hideous criminal.

Oh Gosh, why she did that to me? Why did she change the program without previous notice! For sure I wouldn't go or I would go prepared if I knew I was going to appreciate Hungarian Rhapsody No 2!

I loved classic music, especially in concerts. The last time I went to a concert was in Warsaw, at the Teatr Narodowy, the National Theater! It was one of the best nights of my life, cultural event speaking! I had a wonderful time in Poland. I miss traveling in Europe...

After the concert, I went to Ali Baba's. It's a Pakistani/Indian restaurant and the food there is absolutely delicious. I just love it.
There I met this cute little girl named Bhanu. I guess she is daughter of the owner but I'm not sure. She was on my lap for long time and I really enjoyed playing with her.



She really likes mango lassi

Bhanu got her own style to do the famous "peace" gesture
present in every single pic by Asian teenager


4 comments:

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

What a pretty, friendly little girl!

andrea said...

que maravilha poder presenciar um concerto desses!! que fofa essa gatinha!!
linda, linda!!

Living Away said...

dear hajar!
she is pretty and friendly indeed.
the love started after i saw her playing with her father's phone. i got in love with her shy smile.
we smiled to each other and then she jumped on my lap!
sooooooooo cute!


thanks for stopping by anonymous!


querida dea!
realmente e uma grande oportunidade!
morar fora tem algumas vantagens!
beijos

Anglo-Libyan said...

Hi Leandra

best Easter wishes to you, your family, friends and blog readers :o)