Yesterday the sun decided to shine making me the happiest woman ever alive. Oh God, I did miss the feeling of sunshine on my shoulders making me happy! Thanks John Denver!
I spent a lot of time outside, trying to get every single ray of light to light my day up. I was in deep need of it. Bright blue sky brings hope to my heart, brings warmness to my life and it makes me feel alive. I may not be a vegetable, but I do need sunlight to feel vigorous and vibrant. As someone once said, the sun always shines and I'm so happy for that.
I'm feeling like a child opening a Christmas's gift, as excited I'm feeling with the blue sky that just appeared on my window yesterday and today. It was/is so blue, so beautiful to look at.
To enjoy my day to the fullest as it were a holiday, I decided to go to a local fish market to have lunch. By the way, Taiwan is a island, and island is any piece of land that is surrounded by water, right? In Taiwan's case it is surrounded by the China Sea - Pacific Ocean!
Even though Taiwan is surrounded by water, it has no beach culture. If I drive for like 10 minutes I'll get to the sea, but not to the beach. Well, there is beach... if you think on a portion of sand where we can see some waves dancing...yes there is beach. But then you look around and you see just industrial port that releases all its trash directly to the sea. It really breaks my heart.
When I moved to here I was so excited about going to the beach like daily. I do love everything about beaches. I lived in a island before, in Brasil and it was amazing. I lived in Florianópolis for 2 years. I just love that city so so much.
When I was moving to here I just had a good "déjà vu" in my life. Living in a island again, what a paradise! Beautiful and clean beaches of Florianópolis were on my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about how great it would be to live in a island-country because living in a island-city, having 42 astonish beaches to choose was absolutely wonderful.
It was a great frustration to see that people don't go to the beaches here. I don't know if they don't go because the beaches are very pollution or if the beaches are very polluted because people don't go to it. I guess if Taiwan had a beach culture the government would care about it.
Well, this post is not about the pollution in Taiwan, it's about having fun under sunlight!
As I was saying, I drove to the fish market to have lunch and it was adorable.
The fresh sea-food was so delicious, the huge shrimps made me extremely satisfied, the fish barbecue was delightful. Oh God, it was melting in my mouth! It was deliciously well grilled to my total pleasure. And the small lobsters was divine. What a meal!
The fried rice is something. I do love fried rice and the way Taiwanese cook the vegetables is very delicious and I'm not exaggerating here right Bluefish!?
After lunch I walked a little near to get to know the place better. The fish market is well built and has a nice square facing the China sea where you can sit and get lost on your own thoughts. The day was very windy and I was very thankful I chose trousers instead of a summer dress. It could be a disaster!
I love when a nothing day becomes a especial day without apparent reason.
13 years ago











4 comments:
Sunshine makes me happy too. I'm glad you had such an out-standing day. I love fish too, it looks fantastic. We eat fish every week, salmon and orange roughy are our favorite.
thank you dear hajar.
today it's another beautiful day over here.
as i don't eat red meat anymore, i eat fish almost every day what is great here in taiwan, they are very fresh!
i love salmom. i just made it on orange sauce last night. so delicious!
by the way, when i ordered the food i thought about you!
anonymous, john denver was a country/folk musician from the usa. he was very popular in brasil in the 70s.
http://www.johndenver.com/
Leandra
what did u do ??? i'm crazy fish sea food oh my God
i like any thing from the sea
by the way it's raining now in Tripoli :)
Allah bless u
nasimlibya, i'm sorry i'm made you suffer! LOL
i love seafood as well. for sure you get plenty of it in tripoli.
warm hugs! i hope you enjoyed the rain!
Post a Comment