December 11, 2008

Mammography



I'm going to the hospital now to get the results of my last mammography. I used to do that regularly since I turned 30, in fact it was my birthday's gift to myself.

In 2001, if I'm not wrong, I found a small round lump on my right breast doing the routine self-examination. It was a Wednesday and on Friday I had in my hands all the results and thank God it turned out just fine. It is a fibrositic nodules and a benign one. I just need to take a good and close care of it, checking whether its size, shape and/or texture changed!

Well, now it seems that there is another one but I don't know anything yet.

I went to the hospital with my dear friend Ciara, who really took a wonderful care of me, and all the tests were performed.

Now I'm going back there to get the results. I'm going by myself, but I'm not alone. I do know for sure that God and some angels are going to be with me every single second.


Breast Cancer Ribbon!

Please get yourself checked!

5 comments:

N said...

I had a lump in my breast too...a long time ago. Then I went to the doctors to remove it...it was nothing serious.

I hope you'll be fine too.

Analog Girl said...

Imagin o susto...sei que a fé ajuda, mas a espera e ir sozinha ao hospital deve estar a ser muito stressante para si, agora.

Espero que não haja motivos de preocupação e que daqui a nada tudo esteja a correr normalmente.

Assim que tiver novidades diga, estou aqui com os dedos cruzados

Beijinho grande*

Fida said...

My thoughts are with you! And please let us know, soon!
Huggies, Fida

Anonymous said...

Espero q vc esteja bem, Lê. Tô orando por vc!
Saudades sempre...
Bjão,
Tatá

Living Away said...

you guys are amazing. really! thank you so very much for all the support and caress!

i didn't get the result yet for a mere communication problem. the papers i have from the hospital are all in chinese and i remember my name being written with latin characteres. so, it became hard to find myself on the hospital's file.

tomorrow without delay i'll get it. this waiting is killing me my anxiety got very higher.

bluefish, thank god it was anything serious. you are luck girl!

minha linda menina jo!
muito obrigada pelo carinho e atencao.
acho que a parte mais complicada ate agora e justamente esse "estar sozinha".
eu tb estou com os dedos cruzados mue anjo!

beijos mil e muito muito obrigada por tudo!


dear anonymous.
thank you for the fingers crossed and for your caress!


dear fida!
thank you for the caress and the hugs. i really appreciate all the attention and care! it means a lot to me!

warm hugs!

tata linda da minha vida!
ai que saudade de voce moca bonita!
muito obrigada tata. ce sabe que apesar de sofrer horrores pela privacao de um abraco daqueles que confortam e que a gente conhece bem...eu to bem! eu sempre to bem, ne tata!

beijos beijos!