Taiwan had another earthquake and this time it shook good!!
I was in a couch few minutes ago and I felt myself shaking and suddenly I started listening to some noisy coming from the kitchen. Just then I realized that the noise was provoked by an earthquake that was shaking the building and everything else. I have some bottles on the top of the fridge and they were beating against each other, adding a terrify noisy to my fear.
My building started swinging as it was made by rubber. The small chandelier on the living room calmly was dancing and I never saw it small hanged pieces moving before.
It was really really scared! I checked in a weather website of Taiwan and it was 6.0 of magnitude, what for Taiwanese is nothing, since they are so used to those natural phenomenons.
I looked outside and life was going on normally!
13 years ago











6 comments:
keep safe that must have been scary but as you said they are used to it there.
I never drove in Taiwan and never will. They certainly don't know how to obey the rules.
So glad you are safe. I never experienced an earthquake over 4.5 - I only can imagine how scary that was. Take care!
In the year '82, in earthquake prone Northeast India I had the opportunity to experience earth shake heavily four times the same lunar eclipse day - every 2 hours, between 2 Pm and 8 PM. During the first shock, my chair shook violently from left to right and right to left and when I was getting ready to fall off it, the quake stopped! However, during that earthquake no damage to life nad property was reported.
That region experienced greatest damage in the year 1950 when landslides caused temporary debris dam to later break, resulting in washing away of an old town completely...
All the best.
bom dia
what a life experience u had, glad ur safe and well , but to see things dancing around u its a scary moments,
take care ,hope all going well .enjoy the beauty of taiwan
oh god, that's amazing how you guys are supportive! thank you so much for all the caring sweet words!
anonymous, the buildings are built to support those "natural" phenomenons, i just don't know long they can do the job!
thanks anglo. you are always with the right word in the right place. thanks a lot!
bluefish, i'm driving here for one year so far and i drive daily anywhere and anytime. i'm pretty sure i've improved a lot my alert skills that were very good already!
now, i pay attention even in cars/scooters that came from sky.lol
you know, we never know from where cars or scooters will overtake all cars, at once, over here!
fida thanks for your visit and your comment. i do hope 4.5 would be the highest you ever experimented. take care!
hi dear jc!
thank god you passes immune to all those natural and unatural phenomenos.
this is my 5th one, i just hope i don't get used to it as the taiwanese.
please take care! please!
hey dusk! bom dia!
i miss you!
well, i do need to agree with you about the life experience. it's really something i enjoy!
this shaking was the strongest one for me and i don't want it anymore. really! i got very very scared!
Post a Comment