That small town is really cute and charming and my eyes got full of tears seeing it again after 1 year. On October 19th, it was the 1st anniversary of my moving out.
I didn't miss the life I had there whatsoever! It was my poorest life quality ever!
Just to illustrate it:
-I paid a very expensive health insurance there but I never could use it since no clinic or physician accepted me as patient. As soon as I opened my mouth to ask for an appointment they shouted they were full booked. If I asked to be booked for 2 or 3 months ahead they asked me to call later and always the same answer was given to me.
-I love go to to cinema, shows and theater but I never went in Switzerland as expensive as it was. I can't see myself spending almost 100 US$ for one unique ticket and far away from the stage. I never saw any propaganda of free shows as it's common in Brasil or France for example.
-To cut my hair I needed to drive about 100Km to France because even the coiffeurs with a "walking in" appointment denied to cut my hair!
-I tried to get an membership at the local gym and full booked. A friend from France had no problem at all! The same day, the same time he got his membership!
I look at those pictures and I looked at the many pictures I took myself and I can't believe how a beautiful and charming country as Switzerland can treat people so badly! By the way, I talk about myself and in behave of people from other countries who don't have a very fair skin and don't look European.
Anyway, complains apart... I miss walking under the 1st snow of the year, especially at night. I miss the feeling of the snow falling in my face slowly...
It's unbelievable how alone I was in this town. I never spent too much time with myself as I did in Switzerland and in the end I could understand that it was very nice because I could improve the relationship with the inner me. I get along with myself much better now than before.
Brasil, United States, Germany, France, Switzerland, Taiwan...Wondering which country will be the next place I will call...home!
As they say... home is where your story begins!











6 comments:
That's interesting that you reveal this side of Switzerland. I honestly never heard of that kind of prejudice in that country. I'm sorry that you had to experience that, and for so long! 5 years is a long time to endure that kind of life.
The pictures are very beautiful, but as you said, it hides that dark, ugly side of life there for someone who is not European.
Earth's exterior is beautiful at places, pleasing to the eyes, but also ugly at some other places (like two opposite sides of a coin - the west and the east say). And, it's also known that it has 'fire in its heart'!
Italians, at least, get reminded of Mount Vesuvius and the city of Pompeii...and that nothing is permanent on the ever-changing earth...There is always a 'silver lining' to a dark cloud!
The butterfly also carries away only the sweet essence from a flower, such as the beautiful rose on a thorny plant!
How terrible that story is, and how lovely the pictures. There are some places on earth that are wonderful to visit, but awful to call home!
The pictures shown here are naturally revealed about the life of Swiss people. Apart from these, we do now admire the food autarchism in Switzerland. Switzerland people are really supporting workers of their own land and they protecting from the cheap-toxic food produced by other lands.
--------------------------
hennry
White hat seo
And, four walls do not make a home!
hi nova!
unfortunately it isn't just my perspective about the country. i never met a foreign there that didn't suffer any kind of segregation and racism, even europeans used to complain about.
what doesn't fit is that united nation and red cross have their main offices there.
so, complain to whom?
dear uncle jc,
the italians also say that we cannot have 2 paradises on earth and swiss's landscape are really breathtaking as beautiful as it is.
i tried hard in the 1st year to get along to swiss people, but it didn't work.
dear doug P. baker,
thanks for stopping bye! you are so write. switzerland is very nice to visit. landscape is astonished, food is not bad, weather can please any preference, all cities and small towns are very well cared, highways are very good and speed limit is really respected, bus and trains usually(not always) come on time and they use to treat the tourist in a fair way.
in my last year there, 2007, i found a way to, at least, be less distreated. wherever i went i always carried my camera with me. i mean, i played tourist and it worked nicely!
thanks for your visit, jack!
swiss products have high subsidy, what helps to keep farmers on their land producing high quality products. usually farmers are kept by the family member due to its size, average farm is about 16 hectares.
food there is very expensive, a (1)small chicken breast is around 15$us, so it must be very fresh and free of any toxic.
for sure jc!
i did learn that in my peregrinations from country to country. i've lived in 3 continents so far, and it seems the list will increase!
Post a Comment