When this little gland decides on its own to be decompensate, even taking levothyroxine regularly, basic activities become a nightmare. The symptoms list is huge, but actually I'm having the worst 2 symptoms that are the "extreme exhaustion" and the "intellectual ability worsens".
For me those 2 are the worsts one because they interfere greatly in my physical, intellectual and emotional capabilities, letting me in a terrible shape.
I'm feeling so tired that it seems I have loaded a truck of rice bag all by myself without any rest as exhaust as I'm feeling and I feel this way just few seconds after I open my eyes in the morning. Then as the day goes by, I can tell that I'm dead!
All my body aches and being almost in the same position for sometimes over 15 hours doesn't help much. My body is getting the shape of my chair, my arms are stiffing and my legs are very swollen.
I swear to God that I'm not a complainer... Or at least I don't complain in vain... Well, complain to whom anyway?!
I'm taking a muscle relaxer and it is helping a little. Today I thought I couldn't walk due to the heaviness of my lower legs. I tried to have them in repose for some hours, but suddenly I looked around and I noticed that I didn't clean the apartment on Sunday and it was a mess for my organization standards.
I got up and I vacuumed, I mopped, I washed the dishes, I cleaned the oven and the fridge, I washed the towels, I wiped off the dust, I organized some papers on my desk, I cleaned the bathrooms, I made my bed, I cooked and washed, dried and placed the dishes again, I read, I wrote, I answered emails and returned some calls, I charged batteries, downloaded and organized some pictures, I took the trash out, I changed some plants from different vases and I guess that's all I've done today. I'm feeling over-tired now but with a reason at least!
All the pain, tiredness and uncomfortableness don't bother me, really. What really drives me insane is the intellectual/memory thing...what can be worse to a grad student who doesn't do anything else beside reading and writing days after days...
It's so frustrating when you finish a page and then you turn it and inquire yourself...what did i just read...and you don't remember...
Those 2 symptoms can be easily identified by people who have thyroid dysfunction. Adding to it, usually, the lethargy as well. It can take a while to realize that the women (more frequently than men) are not being lazy or inactive or always in a bad mood that are also precisely symptoms that something is not going ok with the gland. However there are symptoms/consequences that are so gradually installed in our bodies that even trained physicians will not relate them with thyroidism as first sign, or second sign or third sign... I'm talking about the lost of protein!
One of my physicians in Brasil, a very competent nutrologist, Lunamaris Moure, found out few years ago that my muscles couldn't hold protein into them anymore. This happens because thyroid "eats" it up very slowly. We both women and men lose muscles as we age, and protein is one of the main compound that gives sustenance to our muscles! Without it, our muscle cannot be capable to develop its functions properly! It can became a critical problem.
Woman and man who have a dysfunctional thyroid need a little extra help with the protein intake! You can find harmless protein shapes in sportswear and natural food stores very easily. Usually they come in huge pots and has flavor, what doesn't work out for me.
As I have a very natural diet and my body doesn't accept too much refined anything, it wasn't easy to adapt to those shakes and I didn't! I puked every time I need to take it. My stomach doesn't accept those "aliment" with so many ingredients in their labels written in codes.
So, willing of all disposition and hope I spent many long hours goggling about whey protein and I found Bio Pro in the USA. It was a blessing because Bio Pro has no flavor and mix with juice very easily as you can see below.
Immediately as I found it, I emailed it to my nutrologist and she approved it after carefully examined what it was made of!
It's unbelievable how it works good and fast. It goes directly to the muscles and almost 100% of it is absorbed, leaving very little to be expelled by the urine, what can provoke renal stones.
I take my whey protein regularly and I cannot be without it for long. Unfortunately the Whey Protein Institute doesn't ship it abroad and it's necessary to have someone in the USA to receive and send it to me.
Thank God good friends are everywhere!
Well, it isn't the most delicious shake ever, but it isn't bad at all. I take it with pleasure!
This is how I prepare my protein!
Enjoy it!
**I'll go to bed now! In few hours I'll go to the hospital to draw some blood out to test my levels of hormones. For sure something is not ok! I'll do Free T4 and Free T3 and TSH-Thyroid Stimulating Hormone!











7 comments:
I'm sorry you're sick! Feel better soon my dear! Health problems stink.
the shake does not look very nice but if it works then thats what matters.
good luck, wish you the best of health.
que trabalheira só para manter tudo em ordem...mas admiro o esforço que faz para manter a saúde e essencialmente, não deixar que essa disfunção afecte o dia-a-dia.
Se fosse comigo,creio que nem teria forças para sair sequer da cama...
As melhoras!
:)
thank you so much for you caress nilo dream. usually thyroid disfunction is not categorized as illness or placed in the hall of fame, but things are improving!
things are being a little hard on me, but i've learned how to live with...
i'm going to brasil in november to re-do all the blood tests and adequate the amount of my medicines.
oh you are so right dear hajar! thank you so so very much for all your caress.
i know you have been through hard times as well...we will be jsut fine and soon!
anglo, i guess the pic doesn't show it properly. to be honest it has no difference in the texture of the orange juice.
thank you so much for your support. you are always so sweet and present and it helps a lot!
jo, no brasil nos falamos que deus da o frio conforme o cobertor...
menina bonita voce e uma grande guerreira e com certeza voce nao ficaria na cama por muito tempo!
beijinhos!
I hope you'll feel better soon. *hugs*
thanks bluefish!
i just got back from the spa and the girls there have helped me a lot with their sacred massages and their caress.
it really makes difference in my life!
Post a Comment