October 24, 2008

Overdose


About 1 week ago, I've been feeling really sick as I never felt before in my life! I have noticed strong evidences that things are not working properly in my body for sure and I wasn't wrong.

I’m not a drama queen but I must confess that I really don't know how I'm still alive after I have suffered and still suffering, moderately now, all at once for days and nights, things like blurred vision when I try to look or read at objects near or far, a mild but fearful pain in my chest, difficulty breathing, high internal fever, crazy chilly sensation that are taking me to under the blanket in a day as hot as 32C degrees, heart palpitations that starts from nowhere, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, terrible muscle and joint pain, burning sensation in my hands and feet, little seizures, a bit of bleeding and bruising and swelling on my arms and legs!
As all that seems to be not enough, I was and I'm still feeling extremely weak and tired as I were having a strong flu and I don't sleep for more than 48 hours now! Wondering why...

I’m very happy I’m writing this now because I really thought I couldn't make as much as I was struggling without having any idea what was happened to me.

I was all alone at home and I really felt lost. I don't remember feeling that sick in all my life.
I called my doctor in Brasil and she noticed something was not ok right after I started talking. I told her all I was feeling and I answered positively to all her questions and immediately she asked me to cut in half the dosage of a strong medicine I’ve been taken for approximately 4 years! She strongly believed I was having all the symptoms of an overdose!

No, I didn't take it more than prescribed by my doctor. It's just me being me to the fullest, I mean, having complications in my daily basis tasks! I’ll explain:

I have a very low basal metabolism due to my illustrious thyroid! Basal metabolism is the minimum energy you need to stay alive, and I need to take a medicine to improve it. Since the 1st prescription I got I started feeling really good, especially in the 1st year. All my body and its functions were working greatly and I couldn't be happier! I could feel my old friend Leandra back again!

Sibutramine is the name of the medicine! If you take it, please be in constant alert! It has worked so well on me for the past 3 years but I’ve noticed that it doesn't have the same result anymore. I’ve observed it for more than a year now and my dedicate doctor in Brasil is researching another one that could substitute it, having the same effects in my body as sibutramine did earlier.

This medicine worked so good on me that I used to say that I felt as I were the cute Atomic Ant, super hero, as strong and powerful I was being. It increases my metabolism in a totally way, letting my brain sharp and keeping some kilos away.

Detail: I don't take this strong medicine for weight loss reasons. In fact I never did and I never will take any medicine for that purpose! I have enough health issues to deal with to be worried about the aesthetic side of low metabolism. I just want be health, having my body working as it must be! As I’m a petite woman, any kilo above my normal is a problem.

Anyhow, I was having all those "warnings" that something wasn't ok with me but never thought it could be an overdose since my doctors are extremely careful and conscious about prescribing me any medicine. As I'm a complicate case, they take all the measures to help me to have at least a minimum of quality life any human deserves.

I’m taking half dose for 2 days now and I started feeling better, thank God.


9 comments:

Mona Zenhom said...

Leandra, I'm really worried about you. I hope you can get it under control and feel good soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.
Do you really think it was an overdose? Are you feeling better now that you cut down your medicine? I hope you're ok. Feel better. xo

Anonymous said...

taaaaaaaaadinha dela!

Living Away said...

thank you so so much for all your support guys! it makes my life less harder over here.

dear mona!
thank you so much! i do have hope that i'll get over sooner or later but i'll get over. i can't live this way. i feel i'm in an uncontrolled roller coaster and i never know what is coming!
i really appreciate your support sweety!

pharaonic curse? well, maybe that's the answer even though i didn't disturb any pharaoh!

hi bella!
thank you and welcome here.
i trust my doctor very much and since i cut the medicine i started feeling better but i'm still having some side effects as high fever, palpitation and so on.
i do hope it was an overdose or things will be even more complicate for me.

uru, e voce?
nao acredito! po, eu devo estar mesmo muito doente pra voce deixar um comentario no meu blog.
te amo muito, meu irmaozaozinho!

Analog Girl said...

Que susto deve ter sido. Espero que as melhoras continuem e consiga encontrar um medicamento substituto, que nlhe dĂȘ algum descanso..
beijinho grande*

As melhoras!

JC said...

Hi le. Good to hear something positive from you.

All the best!

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Oh my! That is a difficult experience! Medicine can do really great things for some people, but it can also kill you if it is not right for you!

JC said...

Hi 'anonymous', In India, the Hindus believed in souls to reside within the animal forms and also in the environment - even attached to certain trees of the Banyan family, called 'pipal'in dark places...And human form was believed as the superior most among all animals. However, each human being's soul is believed to be at a certain level, which a 'pyramid' shape can help visualise - the base, attached to the ground, representing zero while the peak represented infinity (God), the goal of each soul on earth...

Maybe, in the present also biloogists believe viruses also to similarly remain inert on the ground, or underneath it buried at some level, for years and then at a certain stage when exposed to get attached to some 'life form' and draw energy from the parent body for their growth and sustenance...

Perhaps 'fear of the unknown' is responsible for some 'animal'/ 'spirit' to draw energy from a human being (even a cockroach/ mosquito, that is, an inferior soul might scare you, while you might not at all be scared of a snake!)...

Living Away said...

querida jo!
eu ainda sofro os "defeitos" colaterais do medicamento mas estou bem melhor.
muito obrigada moca bonita!

beijos

anonymous, i've learned that we are responsible for our lives. so, the pharaoh will find a away to survive!


dear hajar!
i'm still having the side effects and it isn't fair at all. what bother me the most is the fever. i can imagine what strong medicines can do to people who take them without prescription!

jc, you are amazing.
you always have right word in the right place at the right time!
thank you so much for all your support!