Maria Luiza went to bed last night very happy! Her candidate won the election with 55.02%, 8,831 of the valid votes! Tupaciguara, my hometown, is a small town and its population is around 25k.
Of course she went to the new mayor's house to congratulate him and his family and of course she was dressed in green and yellow, the color of his campaign!
Congratulations to Alexandre Berquo!
I'll get a ride in this subject to talk about something I'm very proud about my Brasil.
Brasil was the first country in the world to have electronic elections. We developed a vote machine, 100% Brazilian technology and it was tested in the 90's in Florianopolis, capital of Santa Catarina State. I was living there this time and I could participate in this historical moment.
Brasil has around 130 million voters and in 2006 we found out that Lula was reelected president of Brasil in less than 3 hours after the end of the elections. And the official result was published in less than 6 hours. It's amazing!
We developed a fast and reliable way to keep democracy up in my country and this is one more reason to make me a very proud BRASILEIRA, meaning Brazilian woman!
As Carlos Ayres Britto, president of the Superior Electoral Tribunal said, "the more the voter votes, the more he/she learns to vote" and he was paraphrasing a Brazilian musical legend Dorival Caymmi who once said..."to understand love is necessary to love"











No comments:
Post a Comment