October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!!!


May, 1980!
Me, Nilo-my father, Luci-my mother,
Marcos-my brother and Marcelo-my babe brother!

This is the only picture we have with the whole family.
My father passed away few days later.



Today is a very especial day. In fact is the most especial day of the year and earth and heaven are celebrating it.
Today is my father's birthday!
Today my sweet father would turn 70 years old. He loved birthday's party so much and for sure we would prepare a huge party for him...if he were here...

My father was a very especial man. He was light as the wind, warm as the sunlight of my Brasil, peaceful as the babe's smile, and he haD no fear to live his life fully.

He was free as a dream, happy as hummingbird and he had never allowed that little boy full of the fantasies to leave his adult heart.

He was my guide, my best friend, the one I truly trusted! He was my hero, my life, my certainty that everything was going to be alright.

He was the one who dried my tears, the one who swept away my fears, the one who believed on my words, on my actions, on my potential. He was the one who never doubt or underestimated me. He was the one I know for sure I could count on, he was the one who would protect me forever, he was the one who kissed my forehead, assuring me I was never alone.

He was the one who taught me how to live plentiful as today were the last day of my life...and I have forgotten his lessons...

He was the one who taught me how to be me and how to be proud of who I'm, he was the one who taught me how to fly, he was the one who taught me how to survive in a world without him.

Dad, I love you so much so much! I forgot the sound of your voice and that hurts deeply but I will never forget your love, your care, your caress. I love you and I will always love you!

Happy Birthday my beloved father!
You are so unique, so especial, so intense and so real that even 28 years after you've gone people still miss you, people still talk about you, people who didn't meet you wish they did.

Feliz Aniversario meu querido! Pai, eu te amo muito.
*Happy birthday my darling! Dad, I love you very much!


9 comments:

Ruwida Ashour said...

it'a life every day we miss alot but those we love who only stay at our minds even after death i miss alot too............thanx for your father who supprted u so even after his death he found what he have worke d for in all that years....happy birthday uncle nilo

Anglo-Libyan said...

I do know how much you miss your father, you have made it very clear and rightly so but what I did not know that he died so young, I am so sorry.

I too can never forget my late father, I wouldnt want to anyway.

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

God blessed you sweet Leandra. He blessed you with a father that many daughters and sons can not even imagine. Although his time with you was not long enough, it was done to the fullest while it lasted!
Happy Birthday Nilo, you have left a beautiful daughter behind for friends to enjoy!

N said...

First, I would like to say I'm sorry about your father. Second, happy birthday to him.

Your post is so emotional and wonderful. I can feel the unconditional love from reading it.

Happy birthday!

Nasimlibya `√ said...

happy day happy birthday
have a nice day 2 u & u'r family

قناة الرحمة said...

دعوة للمشاركة بقالاتكم أمام أكبر وأشهر مدونة عربية لتعزيز المحتوى الجيد أمام أكبر عدد من الزوار الذى لا يقل يوميا عن 1300 زائر

Living Away said...

i'm speechless...
the caress of all you helped me so much to go through this day and i have no words...
thank you so very much each one of you my dear friends.
my eyes are full of tears now and i'm sure my father is very happy.

it's an amazing feeling to receive this caress from you.
god bless your hearts and once again, thank you so much.

the ordinary days i can take easily, but those specials ones are very hard for me. it's 28 years without my father but as time is a very abstract thing, i feel like 28 seconds.
and i became that insecure and scared 14 years old when i think or talk or write about him.

the words you all wrote for me and for him were immensely supportive.
from the bottom of my heart thank you so very much.

with love,

leandra

Analog Girl said...

Não tenho palavras. Acho que vc já disse tudo...

Este texto está cheio de amor, e é bom perceber que a morte nunca nos há-de tirar isso.
E vejo a sua alegria em descrever o seu pai. Não interessa que não se lembre do som da sua voz,porque se algum dia tivesse a oportunidade de o ouvir, acho que iria reconhecê-lo imediatamente.

Beijo muito grande*

Mrs Dynamite aka Lorena +Wonder Women... said...

oh thats nice ! hugs friend