September 5, 2008

Amaurosis Fugax

From left to right:
Leandro, Dona Luci - my mom, Marcia, Marcos, Marly, Maria Luiza...
on invisible, me taking the pic and Marcelo having his breakfast on the sofa

Always there is someone driving someone crazy,
specially the kids driving her mother crazy...
I just love it!

This breakfast is soooo delicious!
It's easy to spend hours eating...

My mom is in the hospital now!
She has amaurosis fugax that is a vision loss that occurs without an apparent lesion affecting the eye. It's a cloudiness of the lens of the eye or of its surrounding transparent membrane that obstructs the passage of light. So, she is in a hospital to remove this membrane by laser. Even though it is a simple procedure, we all get worried especially her Dona Luci!

My 2 brothers, my 2 sisters-in-law and my niece and nephew are in the hospital right now waiting to the end of the surgery and of course to take care of her.
I was talking to them on the phone, as usual, and I felt so blessed for having them as my family! They are so great! Oh God, thank you so very much!! Doesn’t matter the event, we are always together.
I’m not present in a physical way, but I know and more importantly they know I’m there with them.

With my heart full of nostalgia, I was looking at some pics I took last time I was home!
Every single time I arrive, we all sleep in just one house. My brother Marcos, who lives in Tupaciguara- our hometown, always comes with his family to wait for my arrival and my brother Marcelo and his wife live in Uberlândia, the same city as my mom does.
So, we all get together talking, eating and having fun with the kids all night long. It's a wonderful time.

We even started our own tradition: breakfast table! The first morning we are together, is a celebration for sure! My mom always prepares a wonderful breakfast with my favorite breakfast food in the world as her especiality cheese bread! Also my favorite fruits, yogurt, fresh fruit juice, cakes, fresh cheese, and so on are always there waiting for me to savor them.

We all, except Marcelo that rarely join us, sit around the table and we all join this magical moment in our pajamas. It's like a pajama party! We spend hours talking and laughing and sharing life experiences!

I miss you guys! I miss you already!
Mom, everything is gonna be alright!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi Le,
passando por aqui para fazer uma visitinha a você.
Espero que tudo fique bem com D. Luci e com vc tb.
Um beijo carinhoso
Rita (Floripa)

Anglo-Libyan said...

Best wishes to your mum, hope all goes well for her.

I enjoy your posts about your family, always warm and that breakfast, really nice, my type of breakfast :o)

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

What an adorable family!

Anonymous said...

ah nem q saudadeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Mazita

Mrs Dynamite aka Lorena +Wonder Women... said...

Oh!! she is going to be fine !! how you doing my friend long time dont see read you .. life is busy !! :) hugs !!

Living Away said...

oi rita!

brigada querida. m
quando ce vem por essas bandas asiaticas?
beijo grande! saudade do ce!

god bless us, anonymous!

thanks nassar!
my mom is very ok thank god! oh god, i miss so much those breakfast. definitely it is my type of breakfast also!

oh sweet hajar! thank you so very much! my family is one of kind! we are always together doesn't matter the situation!

mazita feiosa do meu coracao! saudade do ce!

hi lorena!
i miss you! i hope all is ok with you!
yeah, life is busy but this is the beauty of it!
thank you for your words, she is much better now!
take care dear!