June 20, 2008

Time and its reflexions

After a very long journey, 28 hours flying and 36 hours trip, I'm home!

I'm being jetlagged good and since I got here I'm not able to do much. I don't know if is time to wake or to sleep, or it's breakfast or lunch. Anyway...time and sleep are not what I do the best thou.

Right now is 6:20am and I'm impressed with the warmness I felt outside. According to Yahoo Weather it is 27 degrees Celsius and humidity of 84%. The air condition is on all the time and I didn't feel how sultry the day was. Now as I didn't sleep...I decided to do some laundry and as soon as I opened the laundry's door and this very hot air came without asking for excuse and hit me good! At 6:20 in the morning!!

I was exposed to weather like this just twice in my life. The first time was in South Caroline, Charleston, and the second time in Texas, Dallas, what impressed me because I always thought that Dallas was dry as Brasilia is! Well, I really don't remember about the humidity in Dallas but I remember the insupportable sensation of being outside. It seemed I was inside a pressure cooker and it is exactly what I feel being outside here!

I went out with my dear friend Zoe 2 days ago to have a foot massage. Oh god, I'm writing about it. Until now I didn't decide what I think about it. I just know that I cried as painful and hard it was!
So, we walked for some blocks to get to the place and I can affirm that I was destroyed when we got there. I mean, I was destroyed! Zoe was spotless, flawless, sweatless, really impeccable
! My hair was glued in my head, my t-shirt was dirty and wet only 20 minutes after a relaxing shower! I really don't know how they manage to be like this under this weather. I'm so jealous!

Sunrise is being very early. Around 5am the day is bright and clear. I don't have a blackout curtains here and I do need to providence it in a regime of super urgency. I have looked for it, but the currier I have here is not the common type. I've looked at Carrefour, Ikea and some other stores but I didn't find any blackout that could fit into it. For sure I need to look for it at some specif curtain's store.

Oh no, Portugal is out of the UEFA!

I feel a little and timid wish to sleep coming slowly slowly...at 7:46am...I better respect it otherwise it will be gone all day long!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Analog Girl said...

Olá Lê! Bem-vinda de volta à blogoesfera, estou ansiosa de saber das aventuras que a esperam em novo destino.

Peço desculpa pela ausência, sei que a estadia no Brasil não foi das melhores e deve estar ainda extremamente cansada de tanta desorientação. Espero que estabilize em breve e tudo corra pelo melhor por aí.

84% de humidade? Eu acho que morria, mas em compensação é capaz de ser bom para as vias respiratórias, mas cuidado com o Ar condicionado...á minha volta anda tudo a adoecer com o uso do aparelho.
:)

Bem, resta-me deixar um grande beijinho e um abraço, e um obriada por apoiar a selecção Portuguesa no Europeu. ;)

Até breve

beijinho GRANDE**